Better than the weather warranty

dirtiestkidever

Reaction score
Has anyone taken advantage of the koaloha warranty? I am particularly interested if some one has had a koalana that cracked. How did it work? Did they replace it repair it? Should I buy an older koalana with confidence even knowing the humidity issues they had?

Even with strict monitoring of humidity, my Koalana cracked after 10 months. I returned it to HMS, where I purchased it, and they gave me a full refund. HMS no longer sells Koalana because of the cracking issue.
I purchased a Kiwaya to replace the Koalana. It is not as loud but the Kiwaya build is impeccable.
I would not gamble and purchase an older Koalana.

My KoAlana concert from the last batch split as well and HMS took care of me.
I miss that uke terribly.
Looking back, I wish I had kept it, split and all.
I believe the better than the weather warranty applies to KoAlohas only.
After all, the KoAlanas were much cheaper and built in a factory in another country.
Has anyone heard if they are going to give it another go?

I recall a thread on UU when the "new" KoAlanas came out and Andrew from HMS specifically said that the KoAlanas will have the Better Than Weather Warranty, same as Koalohas. Can anyone (John O.pharte, WickedW, Gmoney, etc.) confirm or deny my sometimes glitchy memory?

I had Koaloha fix a crack that appeared on my concert. They paid for shipping to and from. They fixed the crack flawlessly, refinished the instrument, and it was back in my hands within a few weeks. It has been perfect ever since. What's not to like.
The only way I wouldn't do the same thing again is if, due to Koaloha being far busier now, they would take a long time to do the repair. I could get it done locally, but only if I could afford it. I can't imagine being without this fine instrument for months.

Top Bottom