Lani Ukes

notgeorgeformby

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this brand? I'm looking at their spruce top baritone, but I haven't encountered the name before.

Thanks.:)

Looks a lot like a Lanikai. Seems like several Chinese companies are rebadging some ukes they are making for other companies, less the "other companies" quality assurance programs. You'll have to wait until some feedback is available. Perhaps you can contact Southern Ukuleles for their feedback. They seem like a very reputable store.

Looks a lot like a Lanikai. Seems like several Chinese companies are rebadging some ukes they are making for other companies, less the "other companies" quality assurance programs. You'll have to wait until some feedback is available. Perhaps you can contact Southern Ukuleles for their feedback. They seem like a very reputable store.

Thanks Phil. I wondered if there could be a connection with Lanikai.

Had a look on SU and here is what they say about the Lani Concert Uke:

This is a serious instrument at a very low price. Made by a company that only make ukuleles, you can see from the moment you pick this ukulele up that all of their experience and dedication has gone into producing a fine sounding and playing instrument.

I don't know anything much about the brand, except that I have one of theirs: an LS-55MO, which is a solid mango soprano.

It's a more than adequate instrument - came with Aquilas (of course). Simple, largely unadorned construction: no binding; no kerfing; no attempt at interesting shapes on the fingerboard or headstock.

But easy to play, and makes a nice noise.

Printed on the label inside the sound hole;

"Acoustica
St John's Parade, Cleckheaton
West Yorkshire BD19 3RR
01274 855 432"

Give them a ring and ask?

I don't know anything much about the brand, except that I have one of theirs: an LS-55MO, which is a solid mango soprano.

It's a more than adequate instrument - came with Aquilas (of course). Simple, largely unadorned construction: no binding; no kerfing; no attempt at interesting shapes on the fingerboard or headstock.

But easy to play, and makes a nice noise.

Printed on the label inside the sound hole;

"Acoustica
St John's Parade, Cleckheaton
West Yorkshire BD19 3RR
01274 855 432"

Give them a ring and ask?

Thanks, Narp. Did you buy yours from there? And was it well set up?

I tried to buy it there, but they were out of stock!

So I took a look around and chanced upon it second hand, taken as a trade-in against a guitar in a music shop.

I cleaned it, lowered the bridge, tightened the tuners and was happy with it - happy enough, in fact, that I soon sold the Clearwater / Ohana round-back concert that had been my take-anywhere until then.

It has a pleasant tone, and only lacks anything (character?) when tested against my other (more expensive) ukes - but who could blame it for that?

It has fallen out of use a little recently, since the arrival of a bargain luthier-built soprano that I grabbed from ebay and now throw in the car for trips, but that's hardly the Lani's fault.

If you want to make the assumption that mine is typical of the build quality and playability of the brand, you have a good chance of enjoying your purchase if you go ahead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom