Second hand ukulele market crashes

ichadwick

Reaction score
Hmmmm, made me chuckle and I needed one this morning. The photo, "many are simply abandoned", was an especially nice touch. I wonder if the Onion will pick this story up?

I enjoyed the irony of how Google ads automatically populated the page next to the article with uke ads!

Hilarious. That last paragraph is pure gold. "Recorder Wednesday". :biglaugh:

I enjoyed the irony of how Google ads automatically populated the page next to the article with uke ads!

my ads had photos of young pretty girls.

then someone at google needs to know the ads are off base: i'm not lacking for a young pretty girl any more than you need another uke, brother richm. :)

If you have as many pretty girls as I have ukes, you have my mad respect, brother kayaker.

Way too much information.

“Add to this the uke owners who have simply lost interest organically, after having achieved sufficient mediocrity to strum When I’m Cleaning Windows quite slowly.

Brilliant!

I'm puzzled...? This article is dated 2012...? And is not in in line with what I hear the current Uk and international appeal for the Ukulele is. Also, most Ukulele players don't start through the influence of George Formby - I know I didn't .....

That was great and definitely made me laugh. Guess I'll gather up my ukes and go swap for a few potatoes before the market bottoms out.

Last edited:
I'm puzzled...? This article is dated 2012...? And is not in in line with what I hear the current Uk and international appeal for the Ukulele is. Also, most Ukulele players don't start through the influence of George Formby - I know I didn't .....

I'm not an expert on these things, but I think it may be a joke.

“Add to this the uke owners who have simply lost interest organically, after having achieved sufficient mediocrity to strum When I’m Cleaning Windows quite slowly.

Ha!

I just learned this song this weekend! And I CAN strum it mediocrilly, or whatever....I'm doomed.

(Actually pretty cool tune to turn the heads of those pretty girls...a friend transcribed it from a Formby recording...PM me and I might send you the music.)

I got a good chuckle out of it....

it's a joke, and as in 2012 there was a huge upswing in purchases I am sure this was basically a parody of that upsurge.

Top Bottom