FS/FT: Mandolin tuned gcEa

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
Here's another one of my mandolin experiments. I have a Breedlove that I'm playing so I really don't need this one.

This mandolin was built in 2000 by an unknown luthier in Iowa. There is some fret wear on the top fret but I don't notice any impact on sound, intonation etc. It is very nicely built from mahogany and maple. Even the purfling is mahogany and maple. There is not a truss rod in the neck but the neck is rock solid. I work in a building where all the mail is x-ray'd before it enters the mail room so I asked the guys to x-ray it for me just to be sure. It is tuned gcEa. I switched the a and e strings and lowered the d string using regular mandolin strings.

My issue is that when I play with a group in these parts of the woods, my unamped uke gets swallowed by the guitars, fiddles and bass. So, I wanted something to play using my uke chord shapes that I could hang with and be heard. Thus, my mandolin tuned like a uke project.

I paid just a little under $500 for it and then replaced the chipboard case with a nice Kaces gig bag and gave it a new leather strap.

So, I'd like $400 shipped to the lower 48. A little help getting it to HI and AK would be appreciated.

Trades for ukes for similar quality always interest me. Let me know what you're thinking.

My email is dprovines@provines.net or PM me here.

Here's a short video:

IMG_1811.jpgIMG_1812.jpgIMG_1813.jpgIMG_1814.jpgIMG_1815.jpg

Last edited:
Still available.....

Good close-up photo of the fret wear. I don't notice it when playing.

IMG_1704.jpg

Final price drop to $400 shipped CONUS. We'll talk shipping elsewhere. Last bump. I'll let it drop if no interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom