FS: KoAloha Super Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
As I've documented elsewhere, I'm actively flipping into and out of ukes to experience a wide range of instruments. A KoAloha Super Concert has been on my list for a while as I love the sound. I just scored a good deal on a barely used one on eBay. I paid $656 plus $50 shipping (closed listing here). It's really in as-new condition without any play wear and is a particularly gorgeous instrument as it is darker Koa than the other KCM-02's I've seen. It has the original strings (and beads). It also includes a padded gig bag. Production date is May, 2012.

However, I noticed there is a slight imperfection in the seam on the back of the instrument (see photo). It's so slight that I did not notice it upon initial inspection. I took it to McCabe's and they said it's not structural. If I knew I would keep it forever, I would not worry about it. However, given my plan to flip in and out of Ukes quickly for what I paid for them, I don't want to risk losing money on this in a few months since I would have to disclose the seam issue. So I have started the process to unwind the transaction with the Seller.

I figured I would offer it here for what I have in it since it seems like a pretty good deal to me. So, $725 shipped CONUS (cover my cost plus ground shipping to you). That would save me the hassle of contesting issue with Seller who had never noticed the issue (believable, since it's virtually unplayed).

Given that with the eBay guarantee I can get all my money back including return shipping, I am not open to lower offers.

The Seller has asked me to consider a partial refund instead of contesting the entire transaction. I need to decide today as tomorrow is the date when I need to escalate the matter if I choose to go that route. So if somebody would like to commit to this at something a bit less, please PM me and I'll see what I can do.

You want to sell it to someone for the same amount you don't want to pay because it's defective? At least you're upfront about it.

@stevepetergal; a little grumpy this AM? ;-)

Let's try this again. The uke has a slight imperfection that is purely cosmetic. It plays and otherwise looks fantastic. If I knew I would always want a KoAloha Super Concert in my "stable", I would keep it. However, my plan is to rotate in and out of ukes quickly. I am in the process of unwinding this transaction solely because I'm concerned I might not get my investment back in a few months when I feel compelled to disclose the minor seam cosmetic issue. For somebody who knows they want this model uke, I think the price I paid is pretty good (street price is $970 on a new one and most are lighter in color and not as attractive IMHO). I simply offered this up to see if anybody wanted to grab it before it gets returned to the Seller.

Since I posted this, the Seller has offered to consider a partial refund. I have not agreed to that but if somebody here thought, "Gee, I'd jump on that for $625" then I could see if the Seller would refund that difference to me so that I'm whole, the buyer here gets a super deal and the original seller doesn't have to deal with unwinding the entire transaction.
So contrary to what you suggest in your reply, I was trying to share a potential deal here. I could care less whether I return it to Seller or pass along a deal.

I agree. How much did you get back from the seller?

that's the question, how much off is the seller offering you? just pretend you are doing it, then see how much off we are talking about. then there is no guessing.

that's the question, how much off is the seller offering you? just pretend you are doing it, then see how much off we are talking about. then there is no guessing.

He didn't offer anything, he asked if I was open to the idea. Doesn't feel right to me to try to negotiate something that may or may not help the original seller clear it here rather than take the return. Today is the date I need to escalate it with eBay, so I'm going to close the thread. Frankly, I think he could get close to what I paid from somebody who knows they want one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom