Song Help Request Grow Old With You - Wedding Singer

crafty

Reaction score
Before I begin, I should say that I'm playing a baritone ukulele. I know a decent amount of chord formations, but that's about it. I'm trying to wrap my brain around scales and theory, and I was thinking that if I could some suggestions on how to lead in and soloing with a song that I am familiar with, it may help me better understand. I'm choosing the song from the wedding singer because I really like it, and would love to have some suggestions on how to play it better.

First time putting a tab in so forgive the terrible formatting.
Verse 1:

G Am

I wanna make you smile, whenever you're sad,

Bm C

Carry you around when your arthritis is bad,

G D C G

All i wanna do, is grow old with you

Verse 2:

G Am

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches,

Bm C

Build you a fire if the furnace breaks oh,

G D C G Gaug - (I'm playing G7)

It could be so nice, growing old with you,

Break:

C G

I'll miss you, kiss you, give you my coat when you are cold.

C D C

I need you, feed you, even let you hold the remote control.

Verse 3:

G Am

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink,

Bm C

Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink oh,

G D C G

I could be the man who grows old with you

D C G

I wanna grow old with you!

Love it! It's perfect even on my concert! Now I totally have to play this for my bf when he gets home tonight!

Love it! It's perfect even on my concert! Now I totally have to play this for my bf when he gets home tonight!

Yeah, I first learned on a lanikai concert. Great song.. Glad you enjoyed playing it! :D

This isn't the key that I play it in but you have it here in the key of G. I would start with your g scale and see if you can figure out the melody line. Sing the first line of the song and then try to find the first note that matches it in the G major scale. Then the second and so on. That is how I would approach it.

This isn't the key that I play it in but you have it here in the key of G. I would start with your g scale and see if you can figure out the melody line. Sing the first line of the song and then try to find the first note that matches it in the G major scale. Then the second and so on. That is how I would approach it.

Thanks Nozzle! I've been working on scales in general and am still learning how to utilize my toolbox. I'll see what I can do.

This is awesome! If you want to play it solo style a lot of the melody is right there on the 2nd string. There's not really any tricky fingerings until the bridge. This is one of those great songs that sounds a lot more complicated then it is. love those

Top Bottom