Let's talk Paulele Bamboo ukes

fretie

Reaction score
I've had my Paulele soprano for a week now and am settling in to building a good relationship with the wee grass uke.

I love the look of the all-bamboo instrument. Many said these are pretty loud for their size. Not sure about that as I do like a well heard uke but haven't played many sopranos to have a point of reference. Each uke has its own unique voice; so I find it hard to describe their tones in words.

Its a nice touch to get the little gig bag with the uke. Some ukes in this price range don't come with a bag at all.

I had a luthier add a strap button to the Paulele and there was no problem with the installation.

I thought I'd be fun to share a few stories with other Paulele owners. Have you swapped strings on yours? How well does this uke stand out for you when you play in a uke circle? Has anyone tweaked the nut for improvements in intonation?

I got this uke due to its cool looks, I am a big fan of many things bamboo, and it robust construction. What motivated you to get a Paulele?

I received my Paulele bamboo soprano last Thursday and I have you, fretie, to blame, er, thank. I saw your comments in the Mim's Ukes thread, went to her site, and snapped one up. I had just about sworn off sopranos for good, but I really like it. It's comfortable, easy to play, and sounds great; it has a very sweet tone. Plus, it looks neat! Thanks for pointing me in its direction!

Got to play a couple. A little thin and on the quiet side but very nice look and feel.

I received my Paulele bamboo soprano last Thursday and I have you, fretie, to blame, er, thank. I saw your comments in the Mim's Ukes thread, went to her site, and snapped one up. I had just about sworn off sopranos for good, but I really like it. It's comfortable, easy to play, and sounds great; it has a very sweet tone. Plus, it looks neat! Thanks for pointing me in its direction!

Hey Kathryn, so we are bamboo uke sisters now!

Yeah, interesting about how it feels as a soprano. Normally I'm not a soprano fan so much either but the Paulele really has a nice feel... if I just went by feel I'd also swear it was a concert.

I have had mine for a couple years, and still love it. Certainly not the best Uke I own, but it is still one of my favorites, and gets a great deal of play. I tried T2s for a while, and they were horrible on it. Put some Aquilas back on, and it is sweet once more. Had some Purple Auroras on it for a while, and they were fun to. Over all just a fun uke, love the bamboo concept.

I have a Paulele---picked it up because I love the look. Mine sounds best with a low G string. (The low 4th string helps fill out the thin sound eugene observed.) What I love about the Paulele is its playability---nice tuners, excellent intonation, great feel, just fun to play.

Top Bottom