Stress Bustin' at Work with Uke

Ukuleledad

Reaction score
photo.jpg

Anyone else doing this?!

Yes so much so that my bosses are wondering if I really do ANY work!! Seriously, my heart doctor said it was the best thing for me Stress kills! Has killed some of my good friends

Yes, I'm a Hospice nurse, and I always take one of my ukes to work. I play for almost evey patient and family member. It is always well received, and reduces stress by at least 500%!
It's been so rewarding that 3 other Hospice nurses bought ukuleles!

Yes, I'm a Hospice nurse, and I always take one of my ukes to work. I play for almost evey patient and family member. It is always well received, and reduces stress by at least 500%!

Nickie. You. Are. AWESOME!!!!!!

Very cool Ukuleledad. Now you just needs ta buy one for the fella just out of shot and you got a jammin partner. :)

I wish I had my uke and knew how to play when I was working in nursing homes. The residents would have loved it.

Last edited:

This is wonderful.

I don't get to play uke at "work" since I teach private lessons on flute/clarinet.

I keep a uke in my locker at work. I play for myself on break as a stress reliever, for coworkers that will listen and are also interested, and for patients that see the uke and bring up questions about it. It's a fun instrument. I've only met one person at work that has made a negative comment about me bringing my uke to work…a supervisor complained a couple years ago and said "people are getting tired of hearing that thing". Turns out "people" was him. It was stealing the limelight from his bad jokes. Anyway, I still take a uke to work, he's retired, and all is well. For me it's therapy, if I didn't have one at work, things would be more hectic than they already are. For me it just feels natural to have one there. I get requests for songs in the break room and have even had my performances of uke and vocals recorded on iPhones. They dig it…for the most part.

I would love to keep one at work to play, but I am not too sure how well it would be received. I work in a corporate IT office and I could not play it IN the office without disrupting everyone.

Got one hanging on the office wall. I take two or three minutes to strum now and again and it is marvelous to have that luxury.

I have mine with me most days. My boss is really into guitars, so he is cool with me playing my uke at work from time to time.

Every day at lunch. It's the only guaranteed practice time I've got. I have a small office, so I can close the door if I need to. No complaints yet....

There is a music club on campus which meets right down the hall from my office. I have a standing invitation to drop in anytime and play my ukulele. I just don't feel confident of my playing ability to play in front of people.

I am contemplating an office ukulele to leave at work. My office mate and I have schedules which rarely coincide this term, so I can do as others here do and softly strum in private. I just haven't taken the plunge.

Top Bottom