"Seventeen"~ Janis Ian Cover

lelouden

Reaction score
Very nice! I love the bossa nova rhythm.

TRIVIA TIME!

Janis Ian performed At Seventeen on the very first episode of Saturday Night Live in 1975.

Very nice! I love the bossa nova rhythm.

TRIVIA TIME!

Janis Ian performed At Seventeen on the very first episode of Saturday Night Live in 1975.

Thank you Flaky for watching and for commenting. I will add to that trivia because she deserves recognition.

More Trivia~
Janis Ian received her first Grammy at age 15. But even more interesting is that the first song she wrote at age 12 was published. At 13 she wrote "Society's Child". A song about an interracial relationship that stirred so much chaos that a radio station in 1967 in Atlanta was burnt down.

Can you imagine having enough confidence to continue at that age after that? She is still going:)

Very very nice ballad. Nice and easy, love the way it tells the story.

Thanks for sharing!!

Beautiful singing, great percussive ukulele playing, love the song choice! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Olarte and Dulcilo for commenting. It is a song that stays with you for days and a fun one to sing:)

Thank you rainbows. Its a great one to learn with unforgettable lyrics. Send me a link if you do it:)

That was very nice. Takes me back to my teen years when this song was a big hit. Thanks!

Thanks Markr1. Its funny how this song resonates with both genders and its a song that really sticks with you. I appreciate your comments.

Top Bottom