How Often do Ken Timms Ukuleles Come Up For Sale?

KevinFL

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm ready to move on to a custom built soprano and would love one of Ken's creations. I love the 0 and 1 styles that he's offered in the past. Any idea when we might see some more come available? I know a return went recently and I believe I read a post of his where he's starting to build again…this all points in the right direction for me. He does some beautiful work and I'd love the opportunity to make one of them my own.

Maybe this thread will illicit an update from Ken himself. I looked for a way to PM him but it appears to be disabled.

In the meantime, any owners of his ukes that would like to post some pics, I'd love to see them. It would make the wait just a bit more exciting as I see the fare he has to offer. Sound clips would be icing.

Thanks for info, pics, sound bytes, etc. :)

They do come up intermittently Kevin. There was a feast in the last couple of weeks though...on here and FMM there were 3 just sold. Very light, very punchy and loud, plenty warm enough underneath, great playability. Nice slim neck profiles and to me they have the very best qualities of the vintage Martins packaged up in a new body. Excellent value for money. Good luck mate.

sidenote: one that was recently sold was by me actually and I felt such seller's remorse I immediately snapped up the next one that came up for sale. :eek:

Here you go, mine has a baked maple fretboard. Sounds fantastic and is a joy to play. Most importantly, it's not for sale!

image.jpgimage.jpg

My, God, that thing is gorgeous. I love the dark finish. I feel like Bill Murray in What About Bob?. "I want…I need!"

Someday, oh yes. Someday it will be mine.

Keep looking - I was the same as you and my turn came, courtesy of UU Marketplace

My photos aren't as beautifully presented as those above, but here it is to compare to my others

a4a652a5-9705-48e1-915d-1fe6a8db3715_zps0ff5250f.jpg

IMAG1159_zpshfojyxvr.jpg

IMAG1160_zps1rbau3uy.jpg

Edited to add a clearer photo from the Marketplace advert.

2ezir9l.jpg

Last edited:
Here's mine:

Rosewood fretboard.
Bit of a recommendation from Eugene Ukulele above. I bet he won't be selling his new one.
No, I will not be selling mine!
@ Aquadan. Was your puchased December 2013? The top looks like one I nearly pushed the buy button on, until I realised it had a baked maple fingerboard. For some reason I cannot justify, I wanted rosewood, lo and behold the next or following day it came up and I snagged it.
h

Last edited:
Ken does such beautiful work! I did not realize he had done any style 1 ukes; I've not seen those. I have heard that he made a concert scale for someone....once.

I wish Ken would consider building style 1 concert ukes, as well as his style 0 sopranos. If he did, I'd HAVE to have one....

Here's mine:

Rosewood fretboard.
Bit of a recommendation from Eugene Ukulele above. I bet he won't be selling his new one.
No, I will not be selling mine!
@ Aquadan. Was your puchased December 2013? The top looks like one I nearly pushed the buy button on, until I realised it had a baked maple fingerboard. For some reason I cannot justify, I wanted rosewood, lo and behold the next or following day it came up and I snagged it.
h

Yep, mine is from December. I'm glad you didn't take it! I don't know if there's any pros or cons to the fretboard. I enjoy having one of the experimental models though.

Well worth the wait. Glad to hear you picked up another one after selling yours Jon. I couldn't bare to see mine go. An heirloom piece for sure.

I feel UAS for one of these...

I miss my little bugger :( Why did I sell it? I guess I have to get another one :)

He just sold one on ebay a week or two ago. Was surprised to see it unsold for several days. Was a nice looking one.

Top Bottom