My Iriguchi tenor is almost here!

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
Nice one Jim! So pretty. Those contrasting woods look great and the tuners are very cool. :)

pretty! very under-stated and unique.

Very cool looking. Looks "sleek". Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

the tuners are very cool. :)
Don't they look great! Picked those out myself - well, actually Dave suggested the black to go with the other details.

Very cool looking. Looks "sleek". Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Me too! Still not sure when it's arriving. My first "custom" so really looking forward to it.

Its simply beautiful and unique!

Jim, Jim, Jim, that ukulele is off the hook, man! Side sound port. Those Gotoh Planetaries are the sweetest I've ever seen. Amazing instrument. Looks super lightweight, to the eye.

Iriguchi...never heard of that luthier. Name sounds Polish.

Last edited:
Veeeeery classy looking little sucker :drool:

Very unique looking "pineapple" style with the side sound port....Great find! Looking forward to your feedback.

Great looking uke, Jim. I'm sure it will sound great as well.

Glad to see that David is back to building again. Did I hear that he was having some health issues (carpal tunnel?)

Sheesh Jim...that is a beaut!!

I highly recommend you pass it around the UU community (like the Kinnard Tenor)...I will be first in line!

@coolkayaker - Dave is a member here but doesn't post much. Pretty sure he is of Japanese heritage.

@osprey - yeah, I was aiming for fuller, mellower sound

@dkcrown - yes, Dave has carpal tunnel surgery late last year but I think is slowly getting back to full health.

@sonomajazz - yeah, dream on. :)

@bonesigh - I'm sure the wait will be worth it

Very purdy and I love the name, Weeble... The black details are very classy, like wearing a tux.

I'd love to hear it. It's very unique looking and grows on me the more I look at it. What's the cost if you don't mind? (I have no idea if it's a fopaux to ask):rulez:

Last edited:
@ukejenny - Dave calls his hole shape "wobbly" and Weeble is all I could think of to go with all the wobbly holes. :) I'm not usually one to name instruments but Dave won't build one without a name. :)

@icelander53 - I will definitely be putting up some vids and sound clips in a few weeks. I don't have the final price but somewhere around $950 or so once it is shipped. They start somewhat cheaper but the pickup and tuners were significant upgrades and I'm having him send a gig bag as well. Also this was ordered back in August so his prices may have risen a bit.

I absolutely love the look and design of this uke! I am interested in how easy she plays. Look forward to you thoughts and videos.

I love that body!

Top Bottom