Uke fret board refurbish

jjdejd

Reaction score
Bought this 12 yr old uke and plan to change the strings. When I have the strings off, I would to clean the fret board. Any recommendations on cleaner,oil etc? Also, not sure if the nut needs to be replaced? Thanks.

00404_bdCw8kKETWy_600x450_1.jpgUke (18).jpgUke (19).jpg

I would probably scrape off the grime with a credit card or something that won't damage the surface, then use a clean cotton cloth and a little soap and water. Then reconditioned and feed the wood with some lemon oil. But I am no expert
Max

I use Scrubbing bubbles and a toothbrush and wipe with paper cloth...be sure not to get it on the finish...then apply your finish oil if you want..
I live in hawaii so I dont need it..

I wouldn't touch it. The patina looks great and adds to the great looks of the ukulele. I would only do what is necessary, if anything needs to be done to make it play well.

I wouldn't worry about it if it isn't "sticky." I personally like the Loprinzi Fingerboard Conditioner

Thanks for the reply. Any suggestion on what to use to gently clean the uke, neck etc. Just want to give it a quick once over then use my soft cloth to polish it.

Top Bottom