Ukulele Festival of Northern California, Sunday April 6, 2014

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
The 20th Annual Ukulele Festival of Northern California is being held on Sunday April 6, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Chabot College in Hayward (East Bay) CA. Here's a link to the festival's website.

http://www.ukulelefestivalnorcal.org/

Who's going this year? Should we plan some sort of UU meet-up and jam?

Hey Mark . . . you guys playing again? I posted in the Gigs & Shows forum, not much of a response there. I have tentative plans on attending providing something doesn't pop up at the last minute.

Hey Mark . . . you guys playing again? I posted in the Gigs & Shows forum, not much of a response there. I have tentative plans on attending providing something doesn't pop up at the last minute.

We didn't get in this year, but I was planning on going anyway, especially if other UUers are going to be there.

This might sound strange but I actually enjoy what goes on outside the theatre more than the performances inside....the stalls, talking with the vendors, talking uke with people, getting together with other UUers, the impromptu jams,..even the so-so food!

I am going it will be my first time there. I am not performing because well, I am still a newbie so I will be though, check out and taking in the sounds and sights may be a new Uke if
all Goes well

Hope it goes well. bit far for me. One day!

Looks like I might be heading out there too.

I'm going as well. See you there!

Looks like it's gonna be ~80° out there in Hayward on Sunday! :D

Happy to be on the mainland for the 2nd year in a row for this fun annual event - look fwd to seeing some fellow UUers out there!

Alo)(a.. :shaka:

What could be better than jamming on a beautiful day with fellow UUers? :cool:

At one point we had around 15 people in our jam, then we'd take a break to join other jams. Such fun!

Mark, Gary and I had a small Compass Rose showcase going. Mark brought his low octave baritone and walnut tenor, Gary brought his black tenor and I got to show off my new microjumbo tenor.

I had a great time playing with you guys. Thank you!

UUers and their CRs.jpg

What could be better than jamming on a beautiful day with fellow UUers? :cool:

At one point we had around 15 people in our jam, then we'd take a break to join other jams. Such fun!

Mark, Gary and I had a small Compass Rose showcase going. Mark brought his low octave baritone and walnut tenor, Gary brought his black tenor and I got to show off my new microjumbo tenor.

I had a great time playing with you guys. Thank you!

View attachment 65675

You guys are all looking good!...but Gillian looks way better than the two guys,,,, :)
must be that clean SF bay area air....
take care my Compass Rose bother and sister.....

Great seeing everyone, meeting the Wowee, and seeing again whatever cool Gary's CR tenor may have been given. Loved spending a part of the day with the CR family, the Uu family, the San Jose Ukulele Club Family, and the San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion family. Good times!

Top Bottom