New Islander ASARM 4-T

giorgiofox

Reaction score
Hello,
After an Islander MT-4 I'm thinking to buy the new ASARM-4T
ASARM-4T--000665.jpg
That I think is simply fantastic for design and character.

What you think about this new Hi-end Islander line?

Thanks
Giorgio

No,
As I know is solid...but I need to do more search. I cannot find good documentation about this instruments.

Ok, maybe is laminated on back and side.. but... I think is a very interesting model.
I can buy it, here in italy for about € 460,00

I like to read opinions from users of this forum.

for that kind of money, I'd have to hold and play it as well as compare it to other ukes in it's price range. It is pretty, but expensive for a laminate, solid topped model.

That is a nice looking uke, with the cut out and body bevel. It is a lot of money for an offshore (i.e., Asian built) instrument.

Hello,
After an Islander MT-4 I'm thinking to buy the new ASARM-4T
View attachment 65103
That I think is simply fantastic for design and character.

What you think about this new Hi-end Islander line?

Thanks
Giorgio

The headstock on that is so pretty and despite some people feeling the opposite, I adore gold tuners.

it's a gorgeous uke! I saw another website calling it solid back and sides.

Yes, many money for a offshore,
but Islander use very good wood, and perfect finiture, with quality control by Kanile'a.

Considering this, maybe the price that be considered most close to "right". Is exactly the half price of a Kanile'a K1...

Yes, many money for a offshore,
but Islander use very good wood, and perfect finiture, with quality control by Kanile'a.

Considering this, maybe the price that be considered most close to "right". Is exactly the half price of a Kanile'a K1...

I would buy a used Kaniel'a KT-1 tenor. Been through the Islander uke's and was not satisfied sold it and bought a new Kaniel'a. There is a used KT-1 on Flea Market Music site for $850 (https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/default.asp). It does have a pickup? Anyway, I've been through the mid-range priced ukes and finally realized I really wanted a K brand. I just bought a used KoAloha concert and am really happy with the purchase. You don't have to buy new to be happy. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

I just bought one of these high-end Islanders - the FNSARM in fact. Solid spruce top with laminate maple back and sides. Unique offset fret markers, slothead with ebony arm rest which is super comfortable. Light as a feather and sounds a cut above the other islanders I've tried. Very loud and clear. $599, but well worth it as I wasn't ready to spend the cash on a full-K brand tenor, and this one caught my ear on the very first strum.

jjdejd: Import from USA to Europe an ukulele, also used is not cheap.Tax (22% + 3 or 7%) and shipment..
But you are right: I'm trying to consider the points, so buy a basic Kanile'a K1 tenor, or buy this Asarm..
Really difficult decision for me :)
My Italian shop, is waiting new Kanilea K1...

Thank you guitharsis

Yeah, thanks a lot. :D I have my finger on the trigger for a K1. Elderly won't be shipping for a couple days due to very cold weather, or I'd have bought one yesterday....LOL

The Islander was supposed to have a much different cutaway at the NAMM 2014 exhibit. It was rounded, and didn't have the pick guard thing. This one looks like a working prototype.....

Not keen on that cutaway at all. 0/10 for effort.

Top Bottom