Identifying strings

CJay

Reaction score
I know it is probably not possible to identify strings by a description but I thought with all the experience on this board someone could point me in the right direction.

I was in the music store the other day and picked up a Recording King resonator. As I strummed a few chords I fell in love with the feel of the clear strings on the uke. They had a soft almost rubbery feel that seemed easy to manipulate. They were clear and the owner said they came stock on the instrument and he didn't know the brand. I liked the sound of the Recording King but because it is a resonator it's hard to say how they would sound on my Oscar Schmidt. Really I'm just trying to find some strings that feel the same.

Thanks for any input.

Lots of different string preferences for these ukes. Not sure what comes on them. I have an Oscar Schmidt OU5. When I got it, it had some kind of clear strings on it. Sounded dead and I wasn't sure I'd keep it. I installed Aquilasj. Drastic improvement mirrors most people's experience with installing them on OS all laminate ukes. It came alive. Still not "loud", but sweet and resonant, with medium projection. It's now a "keeper." These babies really sound sweet with a pickup, plugged in also.

How about sending an email to "Recording King" and ask them what strings they send out on their instrument?

How about sending an email to "Recording King" and ask them what strings they send out on their instrument?

Great idea. I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom