PDA

View Full Version : Land of the Lost!

AcousticMonster
02-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Anyone see the trailer for the new Land of the Lost movie. Sa...weeet! One of my childhood obsessions was this Kroft TV show. :rock:

deach
02-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Anyone see the trailer for the new Land of the Lost movie. Sa...weeet! One of my childhood obsessions was this Kroft TV show. :rock:

YES! I can't wait for this movie. Reminds me of wearing husky Toughskins, having a rusty lunchbox and riding my Evel Knievel bike to school.

AcousticMonster
02-04-2009, 05:30 AM
YES! I can't wait for this movie. Reminds me of wearing husky Toughskins, having a rusty lunchbox and riding my Evel Knievel bike to school.

Awe, man...you had the Evel Knievel bike? I'm jealous! I had one of those crappy Huffy Desperado bikes with the banana seat, ape-hanger handlebars, and streamers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/Jfrag/19465218.jpg

I did have a 6 Million Dollar man lunchbox though!

http://www.retroland.com/resources/imagegen/?src=/files/retropedia/lb1288.jpg&sia=Six_Million_Dollar_Man_Lunchbox_Retroland&w=388&h=188&q=95&aoe=1

Ah...those were the days!

russ_buss
02-04-2009, 05:48 AM
when i wake up and my hair is a mess, my wife calls me Cha-Ka the Pakuni.

Faricelli
02-04-2009, 12:46 PM
I have to admit I thought Holly was hot. Do you remember Cha-Ka?

I so wanted the evil bike. I also wanted the green machine but I only got a big wheel. I did have the Evil and six million dollar man lunch boxes. Man I miss lunch boxes. Except I always forgot to take my thermos out after school. What about SSP's. At least that's what I thought they were called. I had evil's bike that had a launcher that you crank up or you could use a rip cord.

AcousticMonster
02-05-2009, 03:26 AM
I have to admit I thought Holly was hot. Do you remember Cha-Ka?

I so wanted the evil bike. I also wanted the green machine but I only got a big wheel. I did have the Evil and six million dollar man lunch boxes. Man I miss lunch boxes. Except I always forgot to take my thermos out after school. What about SSP's. At least that's what I thought they were called. I had evil's bike that had a launcher that you crank up or you could use a rip cord.

I think most boys watching Land of the Lost had a crush on Holly. :D I had a crush on her...and that blond girl on the Electric Company! Anywho...

I remember my friend had the green machine, and he made fun of me because I too had the big wheel. Until my mom ran over it with her car. :( Then it was my squished wheel.

I had the Evel bike launcher too! He had many visits with my cousin's Barbie dolls. If you know what I mean. :love:

Uke Republic
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Atlanta had "The World of Sid and Marty Croft" a major trippy park . So sad it closed before I got to go. Dr. Shrinker Dr. Shrinker he's a mad man with an evil mind. R.I.P. Billy Barty. Captain Kool and the Kongs, Wonder Bug and Sigmund the Sea monster. Remember when kid shows were mostly a Sat morning thing? Then on would come THE SOUL TRAIN! Bandstand!

Link
04-27-2009, 03:34 PM
SOOOOOOO stoked for this movie to come out.

hoosierhiver
04-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Whoa, totally news to me ! You mean with sleezstaks and the pylons and the giant strawberries and those redneck ape-people?

hoosierhiver
04-27-2009, 04:11 PM
I also liked " Valley of the Dinosaurs"

Misguided Musician
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
I wasn't even born during this time and I'm still stoked. I've watched a few of the episodes and grew to love this classic.

AcousticMonster
04-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Atlanta had "The World of Sid and Marty Croft" a major trippy park . So sad it closed before I got to go. Dr. Shrinker Dr. Shrinker he's a mad man with an evil mind. R.I.P. Billy Barty. Captain Kool and the Kongs, Wonder Bug and Sigmund the Sea monster. Remember when kid shows were mostly a Sat morning thing? Then on would come THE SOUL TRAIN! Bandstand!

I wish I could take a time machine back to those days. The days of high adventure. I when we talk about Croft Puppets, I mean "High". LOL

I loved the Wild Boy and Bigfoot tv show too! It was a 6 Million Dollar Man spin-off if I remember correctly.

Whoa, totally news to me ! You mean with sleezstaks and the pylons and the giant strawberries and those redneck ape-people?

Yes, hoosierhiver. They have a moving coming out in the near future!

Uke Republic
06-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Okay, I just saw Land of The Lost! It is hilarious and all around funny. A couple of bits make you understand why its PG13 in case your bringing the kinders. Enjoy!

timmoore8
06-07-2009, 12:17 PM
I saw the movie and it is hilarious. Another will ferrrel movie and typical fashion with some stupid parts and it is totally random. I swear you must be on some heavy drugs to write a script like that and the story line is pretty retarded but it still has some great one liners in it.

AcousticMonster
06-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Yep, seen it today as well. It was funny, but it was just a bunch of random scenes. Anna Friel made it worth the watch! :love:

CoffeeJunkee
07-02-2009, 06:41 PM
I like the way the paid some homage to the source material, but, all in all pretty disappointing... But, I'm not a will ferrel fan either. I can't in good faith recommend this movie.