vocals + loop station + ukulele ("use me" Bill Withers Cover)

Wow, that was excellent. Doing the looping is almost like playing another instrument, in the timing, and smooth flow.

I have not played with that yet....

Any good sites or tutorials on how to do this so smooth?

Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Very, very nice!

I've been thinking about getting a looper but I'm just a poor bass player (I mean that in all senses of the phrase) so I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough to trigger it and play too.

John

Very nice, you two!

Wow, that was excellent. Doing the looping is almost like playing another instrument, in the timing, and smooth flow.

I have not played with that yet....

Any good sites or tutorials on how to do this so smooth?

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much! I don't know about any specific tutorials but i can tell you a little about the looper we used. It's a Boss Loop station RC-30. They come in three sizes and differ in amount of tracks, inputs, and features but all basically work the same way. This is the medium sized one. A thing that helps with the smoothness is that with this pedal, you can set your loop to a click so it loops perfectly in time without any content added. You can then save the loop at anytime, So you can save just the amount of time and tempo without any added instruments or just a drum beat for example. There are 99 banks in it. Once a loop is initaly set, it will play continuosly in perfect time and you can juts hit the record button whenever you want a window to lay into the loop. So when there is multiple layers of loops, Tara can hit and leave the record button on and dub as many times over a loop without having to touch the record button, and then she just hits it again when she's done. This pedal also has an undo feature which is really nice if you mess up a long loop and don't want to start over.

I'm revisiting this topic as I'm very intrigued, aside from the smoothness of how you guys loop, I'm curious as of how you mix voice or acoustic sounds with electronic inputs.

I understand that with electric inputs they recordings don't "bleed" into each other, but with. A mic or acoustic input, doesn't that pickup tha audio from the backing tracks unless you use headphones?

I don't see now you guys do that without headphones. Is it a matter of laying down vocal acoustic loops first? Or solo? And then playing or singing over the recorded tacks?

I hope I'm explaining this right...

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

Top Bottom