As luck would have it.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Been bummed for the past year or so because my playing has suffered due to a stroke awhile back. Didn't stop me, I play anyway even tho not very well now. Now today got my hand caught in a chain and broke it in two places. Now more bummed. Jeesh, what's next? <rolling eyes>

I'm so very sorry to hear this!

I hope you have a speedy recovery. I'm sure you'll bounce back in no time.

A chain on a uke? What kind of steampunk contraption are you playing? ;)

Seriously, get well soon!

Oh no! Which hand was it? Were you in some kind of freak logging accident or what in the world were you doing? I hope you make a complete recovery and can get back to playing in just a few weeks.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can sort of relate, as I've had some health stuff happening to me lately. Sounds like you have the correct attitude though. Hang in there!

Sorry to hear about your travails Tony. I hope the break isn't too bad. Remember, Tough times don't last, tough people do. :)

Sorry about your injury. Tony, if can't play for a while, you'll just have to hang out here more often. :)

Sorry about your injury. Tony, if can't play for a while, you'll just have to hang out here more often. :)
For sure! Have missed you around these parts, Tony. :)

Some years ago I severed some tendons in my left hand putting a can lid back in the can for recycling. I had surgery, wore a cast for weeks, went thru therapy... it was hell not being able to play anything for a couple months, but I was determined to come back.

The therapist said her best patients were musicians, because they were the most determined to regain the use of the injured hand.

The surgeon said I wouldn't be 100% again. I still can't extend my LH pinky finger all the way. I've lost ~1/4" in reach. He put that at 90% and called it remarkable. But I am so grateful that I can play at all.

Never take what you have for granted. Ever.

You don't have to be a great player to enjoy playing. There is so much joy in making music, at any level. :)

Thanks ya'll. To be honest, I haven't gone anywhere. I am here every day. I just don't post like I used to, but still have to hang around. ;). The hand will heal. Just bums me out to have to just look at my uke for now.. ;). Being the optimist I have always been, know I am blessed because it could have been much worse. I could have just as easy have lost a hand. Using winches and such on 4x4's for several decades, just was way too careless. Sometimes we need a reminder to let ya know it doesn't matter how experienced you are with those sorts of things, you let your gaurd down, and you can get hurt, or hurt someone else. I had a chain connected to a winch on my truck winching on the son's truck. Was guiding the chain to slip into where it needed to, and the chain flipped around and caught my hand in the process and flipped me around with it. Hurt like hell, and to be honest, you only do something so stupid once.. lol.. The worse of it is I knew better to do what I had done. But, again, could have been much worse. I still have my hand, and all my fingers.. ;) Thanks again for the well wishes.

Hell Tudorp, if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all. Heal quickly and completely.

I'll be praying that you get to feeling better soon!

Aloha Tony,
Ahhh good to hear from you and sorry to hear you been having a rought time too...sorry about the stroke and will be saying prayers for you on your hand and stroke...
keep playing your uke and keep in touch bruddah.... sending blessings for a speedy recovery....

Stuff comes out of nowhere, and how we handle it when it does is a measure of our character. You've always been an inspirational example of gratitude for what you have and patience for the things that seem to get in our way. I hope you heal quickly and fully, and I know it will be with the grace you've always shown here at UU.

Hope you heal nice and fast mate, it's nice to have the occasional reminder that we're mortal, but it's often a painful learning experience.

In my job, this is what I like to refer to as "a ladder":

20121029125738TYPIST-I.jpg

My headstone will probably say "Darwin got him in the end"

Tony, I miss your posts and your presence around this place. Really sorry to hear of the hand injury mate, heal well and quickly brother. Blessing and love to you and the family.

Sounds like you have the right attitude, but to give you a little more inspiration, a number of years ago my younger brother cut off half his left middle finger adjusting a table saw while it was running. The bad part is he's a drummer who holds his stick traditionally between his left middle and ring finger. But he didn't let it deter him, he just got used to doing it with half a finger and now he plays with more groups than he ever did before.

Tony I miss you Bud! Not sure if I ere got your address after you moved.

Sorry about the hand- I know all about doing things without thinking ... once.

You are in my thoughts- I hope that things are going well for the rest of the family.

[intent]-Kurt[/indent]

Top Bottom