This normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
i just re-string my ukulele...

every time i pay something, it goes out of tune... is this normal?? and it buzzes a bit...

this because they r new strings??
thanks

well its normal for strings to go out of tune pretty quickly after you've just restrung your ukulele, so try doing a lot of stretching (try not to stretch them in only one point- instead try distributing it over multiple parts of the string using different fingers) and retuning. It should stop going out of tune so quickly after a little while.
With the buzzing, it could be that the strings are a slightly thicker size (or thinner, i dunno) than the strings you had on before you changed them (I'm only guessing as i'm not that experienced with this part), but my ukulele does fret buzz on the 8th fret of the A string because the string is slightly touching the fret directly to the right of it. Maybe someone else can help you out there?

Btw, tell me if it keeps buzzing after you've stretched them out more. i'm curious ;)

cool,
hey did you replace them with a different brand of strings or just the same one? I assume that they'd all have the same gauge strings (depending on which type of uke they're for) but when I replaced the strings that came with my uke I noticed that the C string of the Aquilas was slightly thicker, which made it a bit harder to replace, and i can't help but wonder if all of the strings were thicker... because I don't remember there being fret buzz on the 8th fret of the A string before I changed it

but then again maybe the fret buzz is there because its a kinda cheap ukulele and I wasn't paying attention before

and lastly *omg you're not 20 and a half hours behind me in time zone difference :eek::eek::eek:*

Aww, come on - you have 3,148 posts here. You MUST have read dozens of posts by newcomers complaining about new strings slipping and tuning problems until strings settle. It's impossible not to read them because they crop up with uncanny regularity in every ukulele forum. I read many such posts on several sites even before I joined one of them.

So you're obviously pulling our collective legs here - but why?

Here's a new thread by uluapoundr about stretching strings. Ya know what, I can't believe you asked that question . . .

:mad:Some of you may have forgotten and maybe some never knew, but for the record, please note that it is the NOOBS AND GREENIES that have bought the hoodies and the stickers and made this site expand and attract all those companies plastered across the main page! So if someone asks for tabs to that Jason Miraz song for the hundredth time or asks why their instrument keeps going out of tune, THAT VERY PERSON just allowed this site to pay its bills.

:anyone:little RESPECT for us lowly ones?:bowdown:

:mad:Some of you may have forgotten and maybe some never knew, but for the record, please note that it is the NOOBS AND GREENIES that have bought the hoodies and the stickers and made this site expand and attract all those companies plastered across the main page! So if someone asks for tabs to that Jason Miraz song for the hundredth time or asks why their instrument keeps going out of tune, THAT VERY PERSON just allowed this site to pay its bills.

LMFAO. Newb!!!!!!!!!

1. If you look at his post count, he's far from a newb.
2. This wasn't posted in the Beginner's forum
3. Those of us that have been been here for a while, tire of the same questions because they could have easily been answered through the search function. So hell yes, I am going to harass people when they ask a question that has been asked a million times. Some people won't but they are more tolerant.
4. I can assure that it's not just newbs who are buying the UU garb. UU got popular because the old guys laid the groundwork. Guys like Russ who constantly plug UU on every single one of his videos, From Dominator, who proudly wears UU his shirt in his vids, and from the countless hours of hard work from the UU staff.

How about you show some respect?

I don't see any disrespect in any previous posts. I think there are very few if any people on this forum that look down on "noobs and greenies". Most evry thread form anyone gets the answer they are looking for even if it is I'm yours tabs, what uke to buy, is this a good uke...

It just seems suprising that ukulelereggae has not seen a posting about this in his time here and thousands of post.

Edit: Deach beat me to it and was way more direct.

Last edited:
LMFAO. Newb!!!!!!!!!

1. If you look at his post count, he's far from a newb.
2. This wasn't posted in the Beginner's forum
3. Those of us that have been been here for a while, tire of the same questions because they could have easily been answered through the search function. So hell yes, I am going to harass people when they ask a question that has been asked a million times. Some people won't but they are more tolerant.
4. I can assure that it's not just newbs who are buying the UU garb. UU got popular because the old guys laid the groundwork. Guys like Russ who constantly plug UU on every single one of his videos, From Dominator, who proudly wears UU his shirt in his vids, and from the countless hours of hard work from the UU staff.

How about you show some respect?

FFS!! In time, I'll be an experienced player, but you'll still be an @$$&*!%

1. I realize he's far from a noob! That's why I wrote my post!! In reference to the original post and those who chose to applaud the joke in poor taste.
2. The entire purpose of the thread was for the "experienced ukulele virtuoso" to make fun of the less informed (ie, ignorant). NOT FUNNY. I always thought this forum was to have a friendly environment for enthusiasts to meet and share information with others who share their interests. Seems I was mistaken.
3. That's by and far the WORST mantra I've ever heard.
4. I'm not privvy to the demographics of the UU store. My-bad. So what, you buy a t-shirt and you have the right to disrespect new members? NO WAY! The original post got a very valid response from a new member who cited excellent points already covered in previous threads, so as annoying as you may find it, this forum is successful in reaching and enlightening the new player.

I'll show you some respect when you earn it. Of what use are big numbers to the man who fails at the little things? Now go to your room and think about what you have done!

I hope this thread dwindles away into interweb obscurity.

FFS!! In time, I'll be an experienced player, but you'll still be an @$$&*!%

Yes!!!! and a proud one!!!

....2. The entire purpose of the thread was for the "experienced ukulele virtuoso" to make fun of the less informed (ie, ignorant). ....

I've "known" UR for a while now. He wasn't making fun of anyone, or at least that is what I think. It was his first time he's changed to a new brand of strings.

3. That's by and far the WORST mantra I've ever heard.

Being the " @$$&*!%" that I am, I can up with a few more harsh if you like.

4. I'm not privvy to the demographics of the UU store. My-bad. So what, you buy a t-shirt and you have the right to disrespect new members? NO WAY! The original post got a very valid response from a new member who cited excellent points already covered in previous threads, so as annoying as you may find it, this forum is successful in reaching and enlightening the new player.....

No one ever disrespected the response to the OP. People were just shocked that someone that has been on the boards for that long posted the question.

I'll show you some respect when you earn it. Of what use are big numbers to the man who fails at the little things? Now go to your room and think about what you have done!
Yes dad.

I hope this thread dwindles away into interweb obscurity.
Your response is contradictory.

Wait a minute, you can play Jason Mraz songs on a uke?!

Guys... its called a sense of humor... even if UR isn't joking... most have been around long enough to realize that all things shouldn't be taken seriously. alot of this forum is goofy inside jokes and fun, please dont ruin this taking stuff to seriously. and to the posters who are stiring the $}{it bin, lets not make this in to a manhood measuring contest... especially with someone like deach...

Holdin - I'm done with this thread. If you'd like to discuss this more, feel free to send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom