Proper NUD day pics! Pono Mahogany Baritone

pixiepurls

Reaction score
I've never been one to want to learn on poor tools. I'm officially spoiled. Between this and my SM Kala Tenor I feel pretty darn happy.

I just adore the sound of baritone and I know nothing about setups and all that stuff but what I do know is its a dream to play and sounds wonderful to my ear. I put a note in at HMS to have Joel set it up because I had done a bit of research and wanted to see what one setup by him was like. Assuming he did it, it's lovely!

I think the strings sound wonderful, its not super loud and I like that. It's mellow and warm and clear. They come with Ko'olau and its made from all recyclable materials for packaging. I ordered one extra set, stayed with the standard guitar humidifier (east coast) and of course ordered the nice pono hard case to keep it safe.

I'm very please, and I feel like the videos on the HMS site accurately reflected the sound quality of the instrument.

I have a terrible urge to take it over family members house and play for them immediately. To me its what I always wanted the guitar to be for me but never was. It sounds a bit sweeter then a guitar, more refined and maybe even more sophisticated (which is a word I am sure people rarely use with ukuleles hah!) but it is simply lovely sounding and easy to play. Its really not that big compared to the tenor, the size is nice and compact.

I'm fairly smitten.

13403204064_825f72b070_n.jpg

13402851285_7d027a0daf_n.jpg

13402852905_0c707a4431_n.jpg

Two video's of me playing it (or rather, practicing)

https://giveit100.com/@pixiepurls/n9wk8h/30

https://giveit100.com/@pixiepurls/n9wk8h/31

Ooooh- very nice!

Pono's are a great deal and HMS is a great place to get them.

Hope you two have many happy years together

Sweet - I own a couple of Pono's myself

Congrats, nice photos, I love Ponos! :shaka:

Sounds great – I never liked a baritone until I played a good one (Kanilea), and now I understand. Enjoy . . .

Sweet. Sounds great.

lovely - very jealous :)

Top Bottom