case for slightly oversized baritone?

seonachan

Reaction score
I got an old Regal short-scale tenor guitar recently and I'm looking for a case for it. It's body shape is basically that of a baritone uke, but just a touch bigger: 21" scale, 10.5" lower bout, about 31-32" total length including the tailpiece. Normal baritone cases are just a smidge too small for it.

So, does anyone know of an "oversized" baritone with a case to match? I know I could find a gigbag that would do the job (U-Bass, Baby Taylor, etc.), but I'd rather have a hard case for better protection and humidification.

If you find one let me know! I've been looking for one for my Bruko baritone, which has a 10.6 inch lower bout but is only 28inches long (squatter and wider than a standard). Awkward.

Have you looked at rectangular hardcases? I know the one Kala make for the Ubass would fit my Bruko, but they're too expensive to get here in the UK. I've since been looking at other rectangular cases, and they seem to come in more varied sizes. Maybe look for another instrument (although you would have thought a tenor guitar case would be more common than a baritone case!) and check if the cases for that would fit yours. I saw a large baritone/small tenor case on ebay recently but missed out by 50p!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips Czutney! It's true there are some tenor guitar cases out there but they're all for the more standard "0" size. There is a Martin Mini case but I was told the Regals are a little off in them and anyway they're over $200. I eventually ordered a hard case made for a Puerto Rican cuatro. It's an ok fit except there's too much room for the body length. If I keep it I'll have to pad it some. I don't think it would be any better for your Bruko.

You might want to check with Jerry at Boat Paddle Ukes. He has a great hard case made for his M model baritone, which has a large lower bout and fairly long overall length. I'm sure if you compared critical dimensions, he would let you know if it is a fit.

Top Bottom