my dream ukulele strap...

pixiepurls

Reaction score
Last edited:
Why? Personally, I think it's oversized for a uke, and frankly, rather gaudy for my tastes.

I don't use a strap, as I mainly play seated, but my choice would be something thinner and less glitzy.

But to each their own. Good luck with selling your knitting patterns. :)

It is gaudy thats why I like it lol! I just think its FUN! I am not sure about over-sized you are probably right.. I think its CRAZY but I love it. They have some other under-stated ones though! I want something that LOOKS like a guitar strap, I am fine with it being thinner but I want sequins :p

I think most of the uke straps look a little weird and a lot of the patterns are so dated. I wouldn't mind something fresh and fun. This would be for my baritone though not like a soprano, would def be over kill on a soprano! :)

Last edited:
Love that strap! I think it would look great on a baritone!

I love it! I'd use it.... no problem!

I have a beaded guitar strap done in red, yellow and turquoise, and at the moment it's on my Larrivee parlour guitar. I've considered using it on my tenor uke though.

Yeah, a strap that size would be overkill on a soprano, but - nothing wrong in general with using a strap on a soprano. I do it on all of mine - I like having the freedom to play standing up, and as far as I'm concerned it's just a tool that enables me to play better. Who cares if it's not traditional, certainly not me :)

For a less-substantial strap, I'd recommend searching for mandolin straps, either on Etsy or elsewhere. I've seen some pretty cool ones on Etsy (this one has been tempting me) but I'm sticking with my boring old Levy's Leathers mando straps for now - this is the one I usually buy.

I like a very thin and flexible strap so I bought a Levy's Leather cloth mandolin strap, then added a Martin strap button extender opened full. I pulled open the built-in loop on the strap and used a simple key ring to meld them together. I slip the short fob onto my A string tuner on the head and added strap buttons to the heal of all my ukes for the other end. The strap is very adjustable.

uke strap.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely strap. Good luck to your knitting patterns selling and get your dream strap soon.

Interesting is that I personally think the other way. uke straps are too thin and not comfy. Guitar straps are more comfortable and looks good on a tenor. I have seen many players use guitar strap on their uke, no problem.:)

I would like to get a strap from Feedbackstraps, they look really great.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/93478314/gold-sequined-glovely-guitar-strap?ref=related-6

I want it so bad, gonna have to save up for it! I sell knitting patterns online (PDF) and those fund my etsy.com purchases... hopefully some people will buy more patterns soon so I can buy one of these lovelies. SO pretty all of the ones from copper peace. They have a neat camp/snack looking one and a tartan one too.

I agree it's beautiful and to my tastes which runs to more plain usually not at all gaudy. You have good taste imo. As to the cost? TOO MUCH!:wtf:

Unless you're loaded.

I fell in love with an expensive, high-end leather guitar strap when I first started playing in my early teens. My aunt indulged me and bought it for me as a birthday gift. 35 or so years later, I still use that strap and it doesn't look much worse for wear. Good stuff is worth the money.

Pixiepurls, I have some gold sequinned fabric with really cool SQUARE sequins. I'd be happy to send you a piece if you think you'd like to try to make your own.

I love it! I'd use it.... no problem!

I have a beaded guitar strap done in red, yellow and turquoise, and at the moment it's on my Larrivee parlour guitar. I've considered using it on my tenor uke though.

oh post pics!

For a less-substantial strap, I'd recommend searching for mandolin straps, either on Etsy or elsewhere. I've seen some pretty cool ones on Etsy (this one has been tempting me) but I'm sticking with my boring old Levy's Leathers mando straps for now - this is the one I usually buy.

Will a mandolin strap work for sure on mine? I am going to just get the bottom button put on my ukes, will that work with the mandolin ones for sure? I didn't look because I thought they wouldn't work.

Lovely strap. Good luck to your knitting patterns selling and get your dream strap soon.

Interesting is that I personally think the other way. uke straps are too thin and not comfy. Guitar straps are more comfortable and looks good on a tenor. I have seen many players use guitar strap on their uke, no problem.:)

I have neck issues and wider I think would be better because I don't want something digging into my shoulder! :D I still think i should get my sparkly one!!! :D

If anyone knits and wants to help fund my strap haha! http://www.ravelry.com/designers/brandy-fortune there is my pattern shop :D (shameless for a strap!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom