NUD: Islander by Kanile'a GL6 Gutalele

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Just arrived today (while I was 80 miles from home!)...several speed limits were broken on the way back.

IMG-20140326-WA0001.jpg

This thing sounds and plays superbly. It's "only" the baby brother to the Kanile'a GL6, but the Kanile'a will really have to go some to beat this. The neck profile is unbelievable, the sound is rich and warm and it's just the thing to get me back into playing ukulele. I've been missing the two bass strings, and not practicing anywhere near as much as I should. This will scratch my itch, and return some much needed muscle memory and strength to my left hand.

Thanks again Andrew, Corey and Zach (and anyone else who touched it on the way).

I should also mention it has a MiSi Trio fitted, which I'll be using to play it through Guitar Rig 5 and Overloud TH2 on my PC.

The case is a UkeCrazy Baritone case, and it's utterly fantastic.

So awesome, congrats K. Now that is one mean looking weapon mate. We need a sound demo.

Wishing you much enjoyment with your new uke. :)

Edit: Oh, I just realized that it's not a six string uke; it's a guitalele type instrument, right? Very cool!

Last edited:
Drool! Slurp! Wow! I've been looking at these. Can't wait to hear it. Thanks for sharing!
Randy

It's an Islander GL6 "guitarlele" by Kanile'a (it's a more affordable Kanile'a GL6)

Tuned to the same intervals as a guitar, but a 4th higher. A Low G uke with the "missing" strings restored. In other words, a ukulele for an old guitarist who is starting to miss the extra range, but feels like he's wrestling an elephant when he picks up one of his guitars.

Very very nice! :eek:

It's an Islander GL6 "guitarlele" by Kanile'a (it's a more affordable Kanile'a GL6)

Tuned to the same intervals as a guitar, but a 4th higher. A Low G uke with the "missing" strings restored. In other words, a ukulele for an old guitarist who is starting to miss the extra range, but feels like he's wrestling an elephant when he picks up one of his guitars.

Thanks! *WANT*
I was looking at the Yamaha and Cordoba variations, but they sound too toy-like to me. Parlor guitar? Out of my price range. And I do like the uke's C tuning. Just want those bass strings. And I didn't play guitar before uke, ok I played 2 chords, twice. So I'd like to try one. *Famous last words*

Enjoy!

wow cool, and two extra strings too, in case you break one! (love your avatar)

Top Bottom