PDA

View Full Version : Good day for uke playing

dkcrown
03-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Ahhhh, Spring on Olde Cape Cod. Patti Page, the dunes, the sea and the sand, fried clams. Sigh.... Oh yeah, and the freezing temperatures, 6-10 inches of snow, blizzard conditions, 60-70 mph gusts, trees down, etc. I think you get the real picture. No Currier and Ives here! I was playing my MB "plugged in" this morning until we lost power for 2 1/2 hours. Just got it back on, for now. Still blowing like crazy.

Will someone please tell Mother Nature that it is supposed to be Spring! I say "uncle".:mad:

SailingUke
03-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Yep, it's pretty nasty here too, the wind is really blowing and it is barely 60 degrees outside.
The sand was really blowing when I walked at the beach this morning.

Stagehand
03-26-2014, 09:19 AM
'Been watching the news. You Guys are getting whacked. I'm in Braintree and other than a little wind nothing!

Icelander53
03-26-2014, 09:27 AM
It got cold here too. It's a very cold 50 degrees here today. :( Was much nicer 70+ yesterday.

WashAshore
03-26-2014, 10:14 AM
Another Cape Cod Uke guy here. This Winter has been extreme. No motorcycle riding, no hiking,
ten pounds of extra weight, enough........!

dkcrown
03-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Another Cape Cod Uke guy here. This Winter has been extreme. No motorcycle riding, no hiking,
ten pounds of extra weight, enough........!

I figured as much with a username of WashAshore. I am a wash-a-shore as well. All of my kids were born here, so even though I think of them as Cape Codders, they are not "third generation" and are technically wash-a-shores.