COLEMAN'S MARCH - Clawhammer Ukulele

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here a tune I recorded on my new Rob Collins Custom Tenor uke.

The tune is a slow dirge that, according to the story, Joe Coleman played on the way to his own hanging. Perhaps he didn't want to arrive to quickly.

This isn't yet a proper arrangement, just an improvisation. Hope you enjoy.

Wow, I hope someday in 20 years I can improvise like that. Sounds really nice. That new uke is so clear. Love it.

P.S. Hopefully your fingers will get tired at some point today so you can ship strings out. Just placed an order for some soprano strings this am. ;-)

Wow, I hope someday in 20 years I can improvise like that. Sounds really nice. That new uke is so clear. Love it.

P.S. Hopefully your fingers will get tired at some point today so you can ship strings out. Just placed an order for some soprano strings this am. ;-)

Took me a while to learn how to do it.

Your strings are packed and ready to ship as soon as the post office opens.

Thanks.

Ha! I didn't expect same day shipping but it is really appreciated. Keep up the great videos, Eddie

When you get the strings will be largely down to the postal service in the area where you live. It varies a lot from state to state. Your strings will arrive in the US very soon, but getting them to your door may take a little longer.

Last edited:
I've been playing Coleman's March on fiddle for a while now and it is a favorite. You play it beautifully!

An important and equally enjoyable aspect of traditional music is the history behind the tunes, as you shared.
Here is a link to more details about the story.

I played a wedding recently and in lieu of the Wedding March we played Coleman's March. Ironically, Coleman was accused of killing his wife. We didn't tell the wedding party that.

Really nice sound!

DI or mic'd amp?

Top Bottom