Original Latin style ukulele song w/ Djembe, Vocalists, & Acoustic guitar

ukulelien

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q4PEIvDe14

Hey Everyone. This one's an original called "Puerto Rican Pancakes"
Got a latin theme and a little uke solo that i had some fun with trying to emulate some flamecno-esc guitar techniques. Hope you enjoy

Bravo! That was so wonderful, and totally made my evening. Thanks so much for sharing. Your playing is vibrant and alive, and the Koaloha sounds great! It's a fabulous arrangement. Everybody's so tight and they all complement each other very well. So often, in a large group with a uke, it feels overproduced; not so in this case. The blend is fabulous. The djembe sounds so much better than a modern drum set, which never feels like it "belongs" to me in a grouping with a ukulele. Love the singers too, and the woman has a nice touch with percussion instruments. Great stuff!

Thanks so much!!

Bravo! That was so wonderful, and totally made my evening. Thanks so much for sharing. Your playing is vibrant and alive, and the Koaloha sounds great! It's a fabulous arrangement. Everybody's so tight and they all complement each other very well. So often, in a large group with a uke, it feels overproduced; not so in this case. The blend is fabulous. The djembe sounds so much better than a modern drum set, which never feels like it "belongs" to me in a grouping with a ukulele. Love the singers too, and the woman has a nice touch with percussion instruments. Great stuff!

Thanks! ... ive been experimenting with all kinds of setups. I have some more videos in this set up and others with a full drum set but i had the drummer use dowwell sticks. I think that helps it blend better. I hope you'll check out some of my other videos and see if maybe I can make a believer out of you haha. Cheers! Take Care

This is AWESOME.
Moremoremore please ;D

Thanks so much!! ... this band also takes the form of a rock band with electric guitars and a keyboard called Mercury Landing and we have an EP that you can download for free here at http://mercurylanding.bandcamp.com/ (there is an electric version of this song on there with trumpets and guitar instead of uke.

we also have a lot of original ukulele interpretations of songs including the Beatles, Klezmer, Video game themes, and percussive/tappy acoustic guitar stuff on our youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/ukulelien

Thanks guys!! I've stumbled accross some of your stuff on youtube before. It's all been really great!

Last edited:
This is wonderful! thank you for sharing.

It's exactly what I needed to see\hear to Cheer me up...

Very well done!

thank you!

This is wonderful! thank you for sharing.

It's exactly what I needed to see\hear to Cheer me up...

Very well done!

thank you!

Thanks!! Makes us all very happy to know we are spreading some cheer out there. Thats what it's all about!

Top Bottom