• Other, (Anything i for got..)

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • All

Votes: 19 36.5%

• Total voters

KAWIKA27

Reaction score
Ok hears a question what kind ukulele genre do you play or prafer

I play what ever sounds good at the time so all i guess.....

true it all sounds good to me but i put new hawaiian because i dont think i have even heard any and i like hawaiian music <<doesnt make much sense, just agree ^^

Same here.....I'm pretty broad based in what I like to listen too and that transfers onto what I like to play.

I tend to prefer Hawaiian (old and new) but experiment with a lot of others (mostly fingerstyle).

I haven't however found any of the tin-pan-alley tunes to my liking. These are often associated with the uke but they seem too anachronistic for me. Unfortunately, they tend to show-up in a lot of ukulele method books that are published outside of Hawaii (because they're royalty-free).

What I "attempt" to play depends on my mood. I will give anything a shot and enjoy most styles of music... Hawaiian, Reggae, Rock, Blues, Vintage Country, Punk, Rockabilly. I will "attempt" play anything from Hawaiian songs like "Hanalei Moon" or "Island Style" to Reggae like "Redemption Song" to old songs line "King of the Road" or "Ring of Fire". I find it fun to mix it up a bit and try something new.

Holy Ukulele, Batman!

I'll play anything as well, but I started playing in church. I sing with a guitar ensemble and sometimes I'll play piano with them too.

One weekend, my parents found my ukulele that I'd bought as a souvenir in the Philippines. I found a chord chart online and started playing again. A week or so later, I brought it to church just to play during practice. It filled in pretty well and I just stuck with it.

Modern liturgical music has really worked well on the ukulele.

Anything that is truthful and is art.

Tin Pan Alley

folk mainly, with a little tin pan alley, show tunes and novelty tunes thrown in, plus the odd original

Top Bottom