Guadalupe Strings on a Reso?

bahama.blue

Reaction score
Hi,
I have two metal body resos (Republic and a custom). Was thinking of trying a set of Guadalupe strings on them to compare to the Aquila currently on them. Heard National used these till they switched to Aquila.
Heard thru the uke-vine that the Guadalupe are high tension and could possibly damage the cone? Anyone heard the same, have experienced such or want to throw in their 2 cents worth?
Best, Mike

Hi,
I have two metal body resos (Republic and a custom). Was thinking of trying a set of Guadalupe strings on them to compare to the Aquila currently on them. Heard National used these till they switched to Aquila.
Heard thru the uke-vine that the Guadalupe are high tension and could possibly damage the cone? Anyone heard the same, have experienced such or want to throw in their 2 cents worth?
Best, Mike

National used to ship Guadelupe strings on their instruments. But good luck finding a set. GCS is not very responsive.

National used to ship Guadelupe strings on their instruments. But good luck finding a set. GCS is not very responsive.

I have 2 sets I ordered from them a couple of months ago. A minor problem with the order, but called them up and they straighten it asap. A friend told me yesterday thinks they be out of business now.
Wondered if National switched strings because they were having tension issues or for some other reason?

I have 2 sets I ordered from them a couple of months ago. A minor problem with the order, but called them up and they straighten it asap. A friend told me yesterday thinks they be out of business now.
Wondered if National switched strings because they were having tension issues or for some other reason?

My understanding was they needed them in too much quantity and had to go to a different brand. They switched to Hilos for awhile and are now shipping new ones with Aquilas.

Have you ever heard of tension concern I have with damaging the cone?

Top Bottom