WTB: A Tiple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac987

Reaction score
I've had a couple tiples over the past few years, and I've been missing that strange instrument. I'm looking for something like a Regal, Gretsch, or Harmony. Not a Martin or anything very expensive like that. I'd also consider an old Harmony / Regal taropatch.

Katy, that Paracho is a different animal, 12 sting guitar laid out in 4 courses of 3 strings. I've had numerous tiples, Martins, Harmony, Regal, Gretsch and Yasuma. I bought a new one from Ohana when they offered it a few years ago. That was a very fine instrument! It played as well as any of the vintage ones I had and cheap! Should have kept it.

Some old Stadlmairs pop up regularly on the bay

Katy, that Paracho is a different animal, 12 sting guitar laid out in 4 courses of 3 strings. I've had numerous tiples, Martins, Harmony, Regal, Gretsch and Yasuma. I bought a new one from Ohana when they offered it a few years ago. That was a very fine instrument! It played as well as any of the vintage ones I had and cheap! Should have kept it.

You are right. I learned something. I did not know that there were 12 and 10 string tiples. Thank you.

I have an Ohana tiple, I like it and it is a great strummer when playing in a bluegrass jam.
It is a copy of a Martin.

Yeah, I should have kept the Ohana Tiple. I would be in the market for one of those as well, if someone wanted to get rid of theirs.

I just picked up a really well-priced tiple, and I'm having Jake from Antebellum Instruments fix it up. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom