Need a Mic? Rock Band/Guitar Hero's work!

xPhoeNIX

Reaction score
Ok, so I had some issues with my built in mic on my laptop actually clearly picking up my voice when I sing. Some times it crackled, other times it would change volume because I would move closer or further.

One awesome solution to this problem is the Rock Band/Guitar Hero mic. I am not sure about other systems other than the Xbox 360 mic, but any USB version of this microphone works.

How to:
Vista/Windows 7 Beta:
1. Plug in the mic
2. Wait until the driver installer installs the drivers and a bubble pops up in the bottom right corner to tell you it is finished. (Will only happen on the first time)
3. Go into your recording software, go into the options, find the options to change your mic to the new "Logitech USB" mic installed.

OR

3. If you are using standard Windows recording or YouTube then right click the little speaker icon in the bottom right corner and click recording devices. A new window will appear, then select the Logitech USB mic. Record away now!

For XP, everything should be the same, but if you have any issues let me know so I can help you fix them.

I've been using my EyeToy for a webcam for ages. My PS2 comes in handy once again!

How is the sound quality?

Yes, that is a great Idea. I would think that it is prob the same crappy mic inside a microphone case, but who knows. I will have to try this out, we should try the drums, LOL.:D

This definitely works. did it a few weeks ago for my nephew, who wanted to do some rapping. Oye, why did I help that cause.

sure sure, your 'nephew' wanted to rap. John Diddy.

i tried this a few months back (the mic, not rapping) and it didn't work for me :S strange. might give it another whirl!

Ok, so I had some issues with my built in mic on my laptop actually clearly picking up my voice when I sing. Some times it crackled, other times it would change volume because I would move closer or further.

One awesome solution to this problem is the Rock Band/Guitar Hero mic. I am not sure about other systems other than the Xbox 360 mic, but any USB version of this microphone works.

How to:
Vista/Windows 7 Beta:
1. Plug in the mic
2. Wait until the driver installer installs the drivers and a bubble pops up in the bottom right corner to tell you it is finished. (Will only happen on the first time)
3. Go into your recording software, go into the options, find the options to change your mic to the new "Logitech USB" mic installed.

OR

3. If you are using standard Windows recording or YouTube then right click the little speaker icon in the bottom right corner and click recording devices. A new window will appear, then select the Logitech USB mic. Record away now!

For XP, everything should be the same, but if you have any issues let me know so I can help you fix them.

Yeah.. The GH mic works very nice

That is good to know! My mic doesnt pick up my voice at all, basically. I shall try this!

In the same vein, blockhead makes a "duet" mic kit for RB/GH which has two mics with 1/4" plugs and a usb converter. I haven't gotten it to record voice very well but I've plugged my pono into it and it picks that up fairly well. Doesn't do too well with a lot of volume going into it, in my experience, but I haven't really tried to work out the settings- ymmv.

Help!

Okay, so I've been trying to get my Rock Band 2 microphone to work with my PC, using XP, and it "works". By "works", I mean "makes an unbearable sound that is akin to strangling a tiny robot". It refuses to be normal. It refuses to sound like my voice. This is extremely aggravating. HELP ME!

This is awesome! I'll have to try it out!

help D:!!!1

so i have an xbox 360 rockband usb mic. and a windows vista. but my pc doesn't know what driver to use? can somebody help me?!

make sure that u guys go and check the volume on the mic, mine is automatically set to low, i use to use it for recordings and they would be soooooo quiet...it took me forever to realize that.

Top Bottom