The "Craigslist" finds thread...

I presume you mean uke finds on Craigslist, but I ADORE this ad for a free trampoline...now in the neighbor's pond.

free trampoline

Ok, here's the deal-

This is a FREE trampoline. It had the enclosure netting and worked fine, although the padding and plastic around all of the springs had weathered and got shredded pretty well. Over the course of the winter (I think the week before the super bowl that we had a day with such strong winds), the trampoline was literally lifted out of our back yard over our 5' fence (and maybe not quite lifted fully because it knocked the corner post) and blew it into our neighborhood pond.

What you may do is use a very long rope or something to get it out of the pond from the road as I cannot permit you to drive in someone else's yard as it was carried into the pond 2 lots over. Once it is out of the pond, you may disassemble it and carry it out.

If this is of any interest to you, please let me know and I'll give you further details.

Most of the stuff on our local Craigslist is junk or overpriced or both. Looking at it for years, twice I've found good deals on ukes on it, and both times I immediately bought them. I'm not inclined to publish deals on Craigslist or Ebay because I think the people who like to do the work of sifting through the junk should have first dibs.

I scored a pristine Maccaferri Islander last year for 25 bucks. Thats the only uke deal Ive landed on Craigslist

Last year I scored a fine blueberry fluke w/bag for 80usd owned by a guitar player who bought it after a trip to hawaii and never played it. Ended up selling it to a beginner as their first ukulele on here for pretty much that + all the shipping fun. I had swapped the black hilos for nyltechs as well.

Just yesterday I sold a similar condition concert flea w/bag on craigslist for the same price (which was what I paid for it on ebay before shipping). Another beginning player's first ukulele.

As a canadian there is alos kijiji, which as similar to craigs has a lot of the bought to learn then gave up in a week. Sometimes i find some nice stuff at reasonable prices. I know this may seem mean but I only buy something if its a deal or i want it.

So for that martin which looks newish is it a deal for you? do you want it? in CDN they usually sell for 350 so all you are doing is saving the tax...

as for my amazing craigs find (more kijiji but shh) i bought a pono ms with pickup, gig bag, set of strings and capo for 220. This pono was setup at HMS and feels amazing, I did the math with shipping and taxes plus the case etc it would have cost me like 550-600 depending on customs. So 220 is half price which is great

nice, i find kijiji ppl post more on, but in that sense there is a lot more of the bad stuff you have to filter. For example my home area has 13 hits on craigs for ukulele right now compared to 6 pages on kijiji

Missed it by ten minutes! Looks to me like like a solid spruce travel concert.
I did a screen capture before he took it down.

uku.jpg

The Craigslisters in my area (Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee) offer some mighty slim pickings compared to other parts of the country.

The Craigslisters in my area (Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee) offer some mighty slim pickings compared to other parts of the country.

I'm in Tennessee and agree...not many good finds. I managed to get my first uke on Craigslist which was a Mainland classic mahogany concert but other than that, I haven't seen much else since then.

Top Bottom