Soundcloud accounts?

Zaki

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm not so new to this forum but I'm really shy, and I usually don't post questions 'cause they've always been answered previously by the most amazing people of "The Internet" (meaning you guys :) )

I've been playing ukulele for almost 5 years (having no experience/talent in guitar AT ALL o_o) and for some weird reason I've started recording and uploading covers to my soundcloud account, challenging myself to upload one cover per week per year of my life, and that means starting from 1986 and traveling to the present in one cover per week.

And it has been amazing, all my friends are ver supportive and everything, but sometimes I feel really lonely because it seems that everybody is using youtube and I'm not ready for that....yet :)

So here's my soundcloud profile/account/meh
https://soundcloud.com/laotranati

Add me! Please! I need more ukulele in my life :)

(Everything it's in spanish 'cause I'm too lazy to translate :p But the name means "The other Nati" because there's other Natalia Jiménez, that sings with Ricky Martin and everything :p)

Comments are really appreciated :)

You are very good. I wish there was a very gentle way of say that you need to get over the shyness because you really should be sharing on youtube. Less than a year ago I was in the same position as you are but I knew I needed something to push me into a better way of practicing so I joined Ukulele Undergrounds Seasons of the Uke. I too didn't want to be seen. Infact I still don't want my local friends to find me on Youtube. As far as I know they don't know I have a youtube channel. One night I was sending a video to my sister because I had made some changes to the way I set up the sound of a video and I wanted her input. I was sending it to her through my phone and I accidentally sent that video to a good friend. I panicked because there was no way to retrieve it so I quickly sent my friend a message saying " I am soooo embarrassed that was meant to go to my sister. Ive been trying to learn my programs on my computer and wanted my sister to help me with the sound. Please don't share that with anyone!" . The next morning my friend sent me a text and said " I am so glad you sent me that on accident...my husband thinks you sound just like your mother". Yep, she shared it with her husband! BUT my mother was a professional singer in her 30's so I took it as a compliment ( knowing I am no where near the singer my mom was ). To my knowledge she still doesn't know I have a youtube channel.

I encourage you to join us in the Seasons of the Uke here. We have many many people that are just as shy as you. It sounds like you don't have a problem sharing your songs with your friends so thats a start. Here is why i encourage you to join. In the 6 months I have been a part of the seasons I have had over 5000 views. I have made lots of truly great friendship all over the world. I have had daily compliments and encouragement from those friend and I guarantee your ukulele skills will improve and your loneliness will go away. There is even a very talented woman in the seasons that has never shown her face. Her name is "bird's eye view of my ukelele". She is one of the funniest and friendliest new friends I have. If you don't know what the Seasons are check it out HERE. Every week we have a new theme and a different host. The challenges are always fun and the contest is really just for encouragement and the prizes are usually just fun little prizes although someone won a great handmade ukulele made by the host a couple weeks ago. The seasons go from sunday to sunday lasting one week. Here is a link to the season we are on right now.

I love the idea of your personal challenge and I would keep it up. But if your looking for more the seasons is the way to go:)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your reply :) it really means a lot!

I've been watching some of the seasons of the Uke, I even try to participate once! But I keep looking for excuses not to do so...I really needed this little push, I'll try to record something and see how it goes :)

Thanks!

Top Bottom