Mr Sandman instrumental

barefootgypsy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm posting this because I'm so pleased that after no less than a whole year of struggling with a couple of the quick tricky chord changes up the neck, I can at last do those on time and with a fairly clean sound! The rest of it was not difficult, so it's a nice one for starting on instrumentals. I found those 2 particular chord changes hard to get right though... hence the time! It's based on the tutorial and TAB by Ukulelezaza, one of my favourite uke instrumentalists and a very nice fella.....

Bravo, Lesley! Nicely done.
So you're saying the way to achieve success on a tricky song is practice, practice, practice?

Oh, my family is so sick of this tune as it's one of my warmup numbers. After months and months of practice with it, I still can't hit it 100% every time. You're doing great with it!

Very, very nice! Now, if you really want to blow people away (not that that doesn't) spend the next year learning the instrumental version of "Enter Sandman" by Metallica...and make them a "surprise medley." :)

Seriously, though, that was a very nice job through some tricky changes.

John

Hi all, and thanks for watching and taking the time to comment so kindly, I do appreciate it! Ginny, yes, practice practice practice says it all, doesn't it! For a couple of chords, then in the end just the one chord, I was determined not to let the thing beat me!

The whole issue of clean sounds still needs plenty of polish, so I run through it a couple of times at least every day, with special attention to the last couple of phrases. I've learned that to get a clean sound on some tricky chords I need to perhaps just alter the angle of my fingers on the fretboard just a degree, to get that extra pressure... and now I'm on the lookout for another instrumental with equal appeal and just the right amount of challenge! All ideas gratefully accepted! :)

Well done! If you like that, look at ukulelezaza's book "Happy Days are Here Again." It has quite a few songs you may like. Look at this channel, he plays quite a few from the book. You can even learn from watching. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GmtLfthapgc

I, too, love that Remco version, which is the only uke version that I have seen that has those bom-bom-boms on the instrument (most have the player saying it with their mouth!). I have watched that tut video a dozen times, it's so good. Great job, L!@ I hope Remco sees this!

Well done! If you like that, look at ukulelezaza's book "Happy Days are Here Again." It has quite a few songs you may like. Look at this channel, he plays quite a few from the book. You can even learn from watching. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GmtLfthapgc
Hi, and yes you're right, that's a great book and DVD, I have them - I bought them direct from Remco when I was lucky enough to meet him last year! I love all his instrumentals and play his CD in the car regularly! I'm trying to choose which song out of the book to go for now ... which one grabs me most. We'll see!

I, too, love that Remco version, which is the only uke version that I have seen that has those bom-bom-boms on the instrument (most have the player saying it with their mouth!). I have watched that tut video a dozen times, it's so good. Great job, L!@ I hope Remco sees this!
Thank you! I sort of hope Remco sees it too! :D

Nicely done! :worship:

Very nice! I need to move beyond the basic strumming and on to material like this, you've provided some inspiration.
Thank you! I enjoy playing on three levels - strumming along easy stuff, trying to strum along harder stuff with lovely jazzy chords, and trying to tackle instrumentals. Learning it is on another level again! Music is just wonderful!

Top Bottom