KPK Longneck Pineapple Soprano

jjdejd

Reaction score
Anybody know if this uke is on the way? Heard a while back they were thinking about it. Sent KPK an email and no response?

I heard from Jason in early March. At that point they'd had an apparently unscheduled 5-week vacation in Jan. So they're on the way, but no firm production dates. He did say prices would probably be about $10 less than the same concert model, i.e. depdnding on binding, etc. If you email and ask to be on the list, you'll be the first to know. I'm on the list but frankly, the waiting has gotten to me and I've moved on to other, more available choices. :eek:

I just bought a KPK and was told that the longneck models would be available in May.

It might be a good idea to check in with Jason and ask to be placed on his email list in case the longnecks turn out to be limited run models as those won't show up on his site.

It might be a good idea to check in with Jason and ask to be placed on his email list in case the longnecks turn out to be limited run models as those won't show up on his site.

I sent an inquiry in a couple of times in the last 4-6 weeks and got no response. This is why I'm posting here for more info.

That's odd. I've emailed him within the past couple of weeks and he's replied promptly within a couple of days of each of my messages. My emails to Jason have been going to this address: info(at)pilikoko.com

That's odd. I've emailed him within the past couple of weeks and he's replied promptly within a couple of days of each of my messages. My emails to Jason have been going to this address: info(at)pilikoko.com

I've been using the "contact box" on the website. I'll try this address. Thanks.

I'm waiting on one too. I hope he does some more with the tortoise or black binding

He said he would be offering them in most models, even the rosewood binding since this is the first time he'll be offering longnecks since 2009. Not sure if he will have a longneck with the tortoise shell binding, but the maple and rosewood I'm sure will be available.

I just received my soprano with tortoise shell binding and it is a beaut! The sound is amazing as well.

I sent an inquiry in a couple of times in the last 4-6 weeks and got no response. This is why I'm posting here for more info.

Email reply from Jason today...

Hi Fred,

Let me address your first email along with this second one together. For the Pineapple Soprano in Acacia, it is sold out. The Mahogany versions came out January 2014 and are available.

As for the longnecks, the tentative date is May 2014. I do have a backup plan in case the container gets delayed. If that is the case, I will be rush shipping a batch of the longnecks by air to make them available in May. As for the selection of models, the Soprano will be available in the regular, original deluxe, maple binding deluxe and rosewood binding deluxe. For the pineapples, it will only be available in the regular and original deluxe.

Usually I open up the availability of the pineapples to other models over time. This is partially due to the demand on the pineapples being not as high as the traditional shape. So for this first production run, I based the pineapples off of input I received on what preferences were.

Mahalo

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 6:10 AM,
<sonomajazz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Jason,

When do you expect to have the Long neck soprano in stock? Can you quote a price at this time?

Thanks

Just heard from KPK. Got the same date - May 2014.

Ooh, this is an interesting thread since I've been looking at things like the Kala SLNG and Gretsch 9100L. We're past May and the web site still says "coming soon". Anybody else heard anything?

Jason knows that I'm interested in a pineapple l/n. I'm still waiting for him to get back to me. With as many 'ukulele as I have waiting for another is no emergency.

I just checked his site. I see he's updated it in the last few days. Should be something happening soon.

Hey folks, I got an initial reply from Jason. I won't copy the whole thing here, but suffice it to say that he got a small batch of longnecks - 6 but didn't say what models or if any were already preordered - in a rush order as mentioned by @sonomajazz in post #11. It will probably be this weekend before they hit the web site and probably a week to two before they would be ready for delivery due to his setup schedule. That's all I know so far.

One more tidbit. Prices are set as mentioned before at $10 less than concert so $175/200/230 for regular/deluxe/wood-binding.

Very tempting now. I'd say my choices are down to Kala SLNG ($90-110 shipped), Gretsch 9100L ($130 shipped) and KPK ($175 shipped). Of course KPK is the only solid one in the bunch and is "koa cousin" which is different than anything else I have. Hmmmm.

One more tidbit. Prices are set as mentioned before at $10 less than concert so $175/200/230 for regular/deluxe/wood-binding.

Very tempting now. I'd say my choices are down to Kala SLNG ($90-110 shipped), Gretsch 9100L ($130 shipped) and KPK ($175 shipped). Of course KPK is the only solid one in the bunch and is "koa cousin" which is different than anything else I have. Hmmmm.

I have a KA-SLNG, for $65, I'd trade up to the KPK in an instant!

Top Bottom