PDA

View Full Version : Startin' em young

dirtiestkidever
03-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Our son is 9 weeks old and has just started using his hands in a somewhat purposeful manner. He has some toys but his favorite seems to be my ukulele. I think the sounds the strings make keep him interested. I certainly don't mind sharing. Just don't tell David that I am using his custom built ukelele as a baby toy (at least he isn't using it as a pacifier).

http://youtu.be/hLaGEffpCRY

connor013
03-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Congrats!

That's some good, clean strumming.

Our son is six weeks old. He hasn't started uking yet, but the mighty Carnival is waiting for him when he's ready.

JamieWG
03-30-2014, 01:34 PM
This is so adorable! Yep, he's definitely interested, and how nice of you to share. ;) Maybe there is a Makala Dolphin in his near future!

dirtiestkidever
03-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Now that he has played a custom i don't think he'll tolerate a dolphin. ;) Maybe an ohana sopranino.

OldePhart
03-30-2014, 01:52 PM
That's cute. I have a picture somewhere of one of our granddaughter's sitting in my lap and pawing at my guitar when she was still crawling. :)

JOhn

dirtiestkidever
03-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Now that he has played a custom i don't think he'll tolerate a dolphin. ;) Maybe an ohana sopranino.

Only nine weeks old and I am already using him to justify future ukulele purchases. #questionableparentingpractices

OldePhart
03-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Only nine weeks old and I am already using him to justify future ukulele purchases. #brilliantparentingpractices

There...I fixed it for you...

John

saltytri
03-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Just don't tell David that I am using his custom built ukelele as a baby toy (at least he isn't using it as a pacifier).

No worries! I thoroughly approve of your enlightened parenting.

Chris Tarman
03-30-2014, 04:58 PM
He's got "chunking" down pretty well!