FS Ohana soprano guitarlele

Status
Not open for further replies.

river_driver

Reaction score
You read that right, SOPRANO guitarlele. Ohana model SKG-70. Solid spruce top, flamed mahogany back/sides, gloss finish. Minty mint condition. Standard soprano scale length!

My understanding is that Ohana ordered just a couple guitarleles in each scale length from the factory as samples. I think they showed them at NAMM, but they never went into production. Mim got them from Ohana, and I bought this one from Mim last summer.

While this has been loads of fun to fool around on, I really miss having a full size guitar, so I'm selling to help fund that purchase.

No case but will ship double boxed. Asking $120 shipped, US only please. Payment by Paypal is preferred.

Photo03301803.jpgPhoto03301804.jpgPhoto03301804_1.jpgPhoto03301806.jpg

EDIT (4/13) - Price dropped to $120 shipped. Will also consider full or part trades (uke or guitar(short scale/small body), but not guitarlele!).

Last edited:
My understanding is that Ohana ordered just a couple guitarleles in each scale length from the factory as samples. I think they showed them at NAMM, but they never went into production.
I'm not surprised. The fretboard on a "regular" Yamaha Guitalele feels really cramped to me, I can't imagine it being even smaller. What is the nut width on this?

To answer the questions asked...
Really? Does this instrument actually work, i.e. with a soprano scale and 2 extra, lower strings? Might you have a sound sample, or one from Mim etc?

Wow the guitarlele bug bites hard... :eek:

If by "work" do you mean is it playable... Yes it works. Intonation is good. The bass strings give it a little bit a growl, which is a nice counterpoint to the bright trebles. I did have a Yamaha guitarlele before this, and I like this one more - feel the overall sound is tighter when strummed. But then I'm a soprano guy, so maybe I'm biased.

Unfortunately I don't have the means to supply a sound sample.

I'm not surprised. The fretboard on a "regular" Yamaha Guitalele feels really cramped to me, I can't imagine it being even smaller. What is the nut width on this?

This has a skinny 1.5 inch nut...so you have to be nimble with your fretting hand. I've got big hands, but also long skinny fingers, so I don't find it difficult to play. The string spacing doesn't really lend itself to fingerpicking though, so I flatpick on it. (My fingerpicking sucks anyway!)

Last edited:
I'd love to own a one off like that. But I'm outside of the US. So it goes. Hope someone snaps it up soon. It'd certainly help to get a friend to record you playing it and put it on youtube.

Hi Kurt,
sent an offer, I am afraid the inbox appears to be full.

THanks,
Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom