Favilla owners please help!!

marcocolo

Reaction score
Today I became the owner of a really sweet 1950's Favilla soprano. The guy I got it from said he thought the strings on it could be the originals (his dad bought the uke new back in the day).
I don't know if they are the originals but they are old.
Can you all tell me what are good strings for this uke? I'm going for classic sound. I don't really want Aguilas cause I kinda think they make all ukes sound the same i.e. they overshadow the natural tone on the uke.
I read somewhere where a guy thought the Oasis were good and another liked the Martin 600 somethings. I've never heard these in person.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Any Fluorocarbon string: Martins, Worths, Fremonts, Etc. These will get you the sound you're after.

I've got one from the same decade as yours. I'm constantly amazed by how good it sounds! Those Martin M600's are a solid choice and are always available at my local music shop (in Missouri we don't have many places that stock a large variety of uke strings).

I've recently put some Oasis strings on my Favilla and I'm really diggin' the sound. I recently recorded a song with Oasis warm strings on my Favilla. You can listen here.

Hope that helps. Welcome to the Favilla family!

Nice tune!!! I'll guess I'll try some of the Oasis.

I've got one from the same decade as yours. I'm constantly amazed by how good it sounds! Those Martin M600's are a solid choice and are always available at my local music shop (in Missouri we don't have many places that stock a large variety of uke strings).

I've recently put some Oasis strings on my Favilla and I'm really diggin' the sound. I recently recorded a song with Oasis warm strings on my Favilla. You can listen here.

Hope that helps. Welcome to the Favilla family!

Thanks! Hope you dig 'em. I'd go with the "warm" set. The tension is a little lower. I think it helps to hear the voice of the Favilla a little more.

Top Bottom