Looking for some good ukulele music!

Kyle95

Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

So I need some new music to listen to and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good music with ukulele in it. Most of the bands with ukulele that I have listened to fall into the indie genera but I am open to all music. The bands that I have listened to that used ukulele are Beirut, Noah and the Whale, and The Magnetic Fields

(Also sorry if there is already a thread for this somewhere I am new)

Try Eddie Vedder - he has a whole album called "Ukulele Songs". It's fantastic.
Also, ukulele artists like Jake Shimabukuro, James Hill, and Kalei Gamaio (sp?) as well as the already well known Bruddah Iz (I know I would mess up his real name). That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

There's a list of Spotify ukulele playlists on UkeHunt here; lots of different artists etc, and of course you can branch out
from there.

Off the top of my head, I also like Sophie Madeleine, Lisa Hannigan, The Leftover Cuties and the Quiet American.

Some popular (past and present) artists featuring ukuleles here in Hawaii are Kolohe Kai, Keahiwai, the Kaʻau Crater Boys, and Ekolu :D

I'd love to know some more alternative music though. Hawaii's radio stations are notorious for being behind on current hits and playing the same songs over and over again.

Agreeing with Tuko - Eddie Vedder is the man, ha!
Also again Sophie Madeleine and you have to love Amanda Palmer.

If you don't mind me being a bit self promote-y I've just released an album that might fit into what you're looking for. Check out my latest music vid with the single off the album and see what you think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q2Pdc14iYM

Nice stack Eugene!
Although I had to smile that you titled it 'Ukulele Records'; I still tend to call CDs 'records', showing my age I guess. ;)

I realized I'd forgotten to mention Del Rey!
She plays wonderfully, is a great entertainer and gives excellent workshops.

I have a very large collection of uke arrangements/sheet music from the 1920s and 30s. That's the music I like to play

I recommend Sarah Maisel for jazz standards and Danielle Ate the Sandwich for original songs. I also like Ukulele Ike, Cliff Edwards for some classics.

Walk Off the Earth incorporates ukulele in their music frequently. Look them up on Youtube. They put out great stuff.

Oh, and of course, Julia Nunes has done some nice work as well. Her Settle Down album is pretty good..

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!
I checked out a few of them and there is definitely some great music in here.
I guess I have quite a bit to listen to and check out now :)

Further suggestions are still accepted :p

Top Bottom