I Got You (Split Enz)

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I Got You (and 4 other Split Enz songs)

A Split Enz cover. I dropped the uke to Bb tuning so I could sing the high notes.

Last edited:

One of the options for this week's Season of the Ukulele was to do additional songs by a particular band. So I started playing Split Enz songs and now I can't stop. Yesterday I did "Six Months in a Leaky Boat". And tonight I did a couple more. My voice gave out when I tried "Message for My Girl".

Poor Boy

Strait Old Line

Your covers are always top notch! I enjoy them greatly! Split Enz, from the early heyday of MTV. Yes!

I have nailed the Up,Up,Up O-Positive instrumental version based on your tabs and now just need to load a video. Will do.

Did you ever think about doing O-Positive "With You" (electric with a touch of reverb would be keen)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81S1qW4YUI

I'm glad you reminded me about this iconic band.

Your covers are always top notch! I enjoy them greatly! Split Enz, from the early heyday of MTV. Yes!

I have nailed the Up,Up,Up O-Positive instrumental version based on your tabs and now just need to load a video. Will do.

Did you ever think about doing O-Positive "With You" (electric with a touch of reverb would be keen)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81S1qW4YUI

I'm glad you reminded me about this iconic band.

I'm looking forward to hearing your "Up, Up, Up". When I first considered "With You", it didn't seem doable because I thought that the way the guitar lines sync up with the strange drum part would just sound wrong if played with no drums. But maybe it would work. It's one of those things I probably won't get around to unless it fits the theme for one of the Seasons. Maybe someone will do a Season about smoking.

While I'm here, I guess I should post the other Split Enz videos I did this week. This is "Poor Boy", about a guy who falls in love with a space alien he meets via radio signals.

And this is "Strait Old Line". A couple of Seasonistas have requested "Dirty Creature", so if I have time the next couple of days I'll try to do it. I need to lower the key to something I can sing.

Top Bottom