help identify some chords :D

IAmTheWalrus

Reaction score
so I was all hyped up before about how to strum it, but I'm more worried about the chords he uses now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v5k-OE0-fWs

I found 2 threads on google with chords for this version. It says:
Code:
C      F#dim    G7     (G9  G7)     
Ain't  she      sweet...

instead of playing an F#dim I put the second fret down (on the G string) to the first so its an Ab7. I found many small errors in this and there are a couple chords that just sound wrong and I can not figure by ear.

Chord problem #1

about 0:06 - 0:07 in video

Code:
       C        E7    A7 
Now, I ask you, very confidentially...

its the E7 that sounds a bit off to me. can anyone hear/see what chord he is playing?

Chord problem #2

From above the on the word "confidentially" it sounds like Harrison does some doodling of the melody with the A7 chord. Can anyone help me on that? :anyone:

Thanks in advance. I really want to learn this version and perform it with my buddies but I keep getting stuck on the chords and strumming

You are correct to play the Ab7. The melody note is Eb and the F#dim chord has an E natural. The chord progression sounds nice by itself, but it clashes with the melody.

But what's wrong with the E7? Sounds fine to me. That's how I have always played it.

s
From above the on the word "confidentially" it sounds like Harrison does some doodling of the melody with the A7 chord. Can anyone help me on that?

Sounds kinda like a George Formby "split stroke" on the A7. Here's are some yootoooob lessons about the strum that you might find useful.

JJ

Top Bottom