Trying to change the world four strings at a time...

Zoë Bestel

Reaction score
sir-lucas-and-the-moon-cover.jpg( Apologies already for the cheesy title, but I'm a cheesy teen and couldn't think of anything ;D )

Someone I met once at a folk festival thanked me for playing the ukulele like a 'proper instrument' and that's something I'll always remember. I have so many reasons I decided to leave school at 16 to pursue my dream of making music, but championing the ukulele to change the majority of the worlds view on the ickle instrument is definitely riding up there with 'make people happy with music' and 'write thought provoking songs that will create world peace', haha!

I'm not an phenomenal ukulele player, in that I can't whip out a solo that would give Jake Shimabukuro a run for his money (then again, who can?) but I wouldn't accompany my songs with any other instrument. I love my soprano, my baritone and even though I still constantly get told that I should play the guitar, it will never be the same. There's something in a uke that makes it special. George Harrison new it. Eddie Vedder can see it. Amanda Palmer is right up there giving that ukulele praise like it's never seen before. I guess, I really hope that one day that'll be me, saying 'Hey! You there! Ukuleles are awesome!' and the world be at peace..or something ;)

Anyway, the reason I'm saying all this, is that I have an album that I released just yesterday called 'Sir Lucas and the Moon' named after my beautiful ukuleles, Sir Lucas and Luna. I've worked incredibly hard over the past 6 months creating my little album baby and I want to show you guys as you are the most supportive ukulele bunch on the planet.

Helping to make the ukulele known to the general public as a 'proper instrument' and not just a toy, is something I really believe in. I can't think of any other instrument that makes you happy when played. So this album is the start of a life long campaign and I really, humbly thank you for taking the time to read this post and hopefully embarking with me to make the world see how awesome ukuleles are.

This is official music video for the single, Nobody Knows, written and played on Luna, my baritone

Linkage for Sir Lucas and the Moon: Wesbite, iTunes, Amazon MP3 & Spotify.

knku8bwpu2t5

Last edited:
And, having had this CD on in my car last night and today, I can confirm that it is pretty darn good. Well done Zoe. It's not just another ukulele album - it's a collection of great songs (far too good for a 16 year old to have written...:mad:), which just happen to be accompanied by a ukulele.:cheers:

Oh gosh! Wow. Thank you so much!
You've utterly made my day. I couldn't ask for a better comment. Thank you and I'm so chuffed you like it.
Would it be okay if I used your comment to quote on my website?

Last edited:
Oh gosh! Wow. Thank you so much!
You've utterly made my day. I couldn't ask for a better comment. Thank you and I'm so chuffed you like it.
Would it be okay if I used your comment to quote on my website?
Of course - and by the way, Ukuleles Rock!

Likewise - all the best Zoë!

Top Bottom