Vintage Kamaka Soprano Pineapple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuprin

Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn't get quite what I was hoping for with the Pono I had for sale so I'm forced to sell my vintage Kamaka Soprano.

From what I can tell, it dates back to the 1920's or 1930's. When I bought it, it needed some work...it had a big, open crack on the soundboard, and the back had separated a bit from the sides. I brought it in to a local luthier and he did wonders. For comparison, here is the thread I originally started about it...it shows pictures of the damage.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?90603-Vintage-Kamaka-Craigslist-find

Anyway, I really like this uke but I find soprano fretboards a little cramped for me so it's going on the selling block. I'm hoping to get $475 for it. It will ship with the vintage hard case pictured. I will include shipping within the continental US. It should also be noted I am leaving for a family vacation on Saturday 4/5. If this sells by Thursday 4/3 (tomorrow), I can get this packed up and shipped out before I leave. If not, I return back on Tuesday 4/15 and will ship out the next day.

Last edited:
Picture of the crack (look at the original thread for how the crack used to look):

Previously, it looked as if the back wasn't aligned right (see the space in the old thread). After the repair it is aligned but there is a spot where you can see glue:

The luthier didn't do anything about the neck potential separation in the neck as he deemed it very secure and wouldn't be a problem. I took a picture either way so there are no surprises (the other side looks fine):

Bridge is stable:

There are some dings, scratches, and a gouge...I took some pictures of these:

Nice '28 label Kamaka!
I have one similar to yours, without the King St. address. My headstock decal is flaked away.
These are Spanish heel neck construction, so your luthier is right about the condition of the neck joint.
My label has 20177 written at the bottom, I wish someone knew what these mean.

Price drop...$475. Hoping to sell this today so I can ship it before I leave for vacation!

Someone asked how the neck was...it is thin and straight. Low action, no buzz. Plays very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom