Does the KoAlana Ukulele still exist?

MairMeran

Reaction score
I'm researching ukus from the brand KoAlana. Does anyone sell these anymore? Does KoAlana still produce ukus?

Greets from Italy :)

Yes, they have released a new version named KoAloha 'Opio which has been released in Japan and will be releasing to the US soon. It comes from the same factory as the KoAlana and they have tweaked it a little bit for improved performance!

Yes, they have released a new version named KoAloha 'Opio which has been released in Japan and will be releasing to the US soon. It comes from the same factory as the KoAlana and they have tweaked it a little bit for improved performance!

Thanks :) do you know also when it will be released in the US? :)

"... and they have tweaked it a little bit for improved performance!"

I'm glad to hear that. I bought a KoAlana concert, and the intonation was so far off if couldn't be fixed without moving the bridge!

I'd say it's a KoAlana, or the new KoAloha 'Opio as it will be called. It looks like my KoAlana, as does the uke in the foreground.

If you follow the link on the youtube page (http://www.ohana-k.jp/uk_shop/asia/koaloha.opio_s01_01.html) you can see what the new ones look like. The headstock says opio but it doesn't have the white circle on it that the KoAlana's did. I think what he is playing is the koAloha Opio (the new name for KoAlanas). It does sound great. Anyone know i the are they sapele wood again?

Yes, that page, translated via Google Translate, says sapele.

The price, converted to USD, is $441.64. A bit more pricey than the old ones.

Great! Thank you :) does the ukulelelab deliver also to italy? How many should it cost?

Yes, we ship worldwide. I would have to check on the freight but USPS starts from about $50 depending on the size and type of case it ships with.

Yes, we ship worldwide. I would have to check on the freight but USPS starts from about $50 depending on the size and type of case it ships with.

Thanks for all the informations!!! Last but no least... When could i buy one of these great Ukus from your shop? :)

Top Bottom