Rodriguez Soprano - Salvaged Adirondack over Hickory

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialk13

Reaction score
Sold
Up for sale is this fine Thomas Rodriguez soprano made from very old salvaged woods. I recently purchased this uke from UU forum moderator eugene ukulele and while it’s very nice I’m getting pressure from the wife-to-be to thin my collection. Since this particular uke is the newest and least sentimental to me, I have decided to let it go.

This one features salvaged hickory back and sides with a salvaged Adirondack spruce top. Salvaged Brazilian rosewood golpe plate, peghead overlay and bridge, ebony fretboard, and mastodon ivory nut/saddle.

It’s in very nice shape and has NO issues other than some strum wear on the golpe plate (this did not photograph well). It will come with an extra saddle that (originally included by the luthier) and a very nice Gator journeyman hardshell case. It’s a beautifully built uke and has the look of a well constructed classical guitar.

Here’s a link to the original ad:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ed-Spruce-Hickory-Soprano&highlight=rodriguez

Overall, this is a sweet sounding uke. It’s one of the warmest spruce topped ukes I’ve played which could be from the aged wood or the build, I’m not sure. It just has a very pleasing sound and a nice depth of tone.

I will include insured USPS Priority shipping to the USA.

I'm also interested in trading for or towards a "bluesy" small bodied guitar if anyone has one to offer

Feel free to PM me with any questions, thanks!

Attachments

• TR2.jpg
    TR2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 140
  • TR1.jpg
    TR1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 103
  • TR3.jpg
    TR3.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 85
  • TR4.jpg
    TR4.jpg