Making a Replacement Jig

Timbuck

Reaction score
As I said in another thread..I will be upgrading my "Neck Dovetail radius jig" this year..Well I did it already ;)...as I knew all the measurements required to build it, it didn't take me long....I had a nice board made of solid Oak stashed away and it was just the job for this project so I put it to use...The main mod's I made were to "add a base board, plus some fine adjustment screws" to centralise the jig on the centre line of the bandsaw blade..Before I had to do it with a hammer knocking it back and forth:eek:...
Also I installed some bronze bushes to get a more accurate fit and prevent wear & tear.....Angles and measurements depend on shape and size of individual uke dovetails...The only trouble is!... I have to wait until I make some more necks to test it out.:D
Here is a video showing construction...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpAzgVhNGS4&list=UUZy2EMxIuULsTGoMthfyFvw

Last edited:
Aproaching 75 I'm past the Female thinking bit :( Sadly...But it's no big deal cutting the female dovetail joint..I cut the joint in the neck block before it's glued into the body...I do it in the Milling Machine with a jig I made when I first started building....I'll do a video of it in action...but the end product is just the same as most of the methods for producing this joint with a router and template.

Ah yes I remember seeing it now. Having it ready in the end block is smart, but with my "technique" it would end up wherever during glue-up.

Sven, Mine too!
Ken Timms you are a marvel

Top Bottom