Peghed Suppliers address wanted

Timbuck

Reaction score
Having tried out a set of pegheds on my latest uke..I have a feeling that I may be asked for them again at some future date ..Can any one give me a suppliers address where I don't need to pay over the top to get a few sets....This is the ukulele type I'm after

Ken, I bought a few sets from Bill at www.pegheds.net

The one you have pictured, he refers to as model 743AF. I like the particularly tiny size of these for sopranos. Unfortunately, they're no longer making them (so I was told). The replacement is 7543A. A different taper, and a longer body. I don't like the look of the longer units, but they still function well. I asked about the taper on your other thread because I was trying to figure out which ones you used.

Ken, I bought a few sets from Bill at www.pegheds.net

The one you have pictured, he refers to as model 743AF. I like the particularly tiny size of these for sopranos. Unfortunately, they're no longer making them (so I was told). The replacement is 7543A. A different taper, and a longer body. I don't like the look of the longer units, but they still function well. I asked about the taper on your other thread because I was trying to figure out which ones you used.

The ones I used have a 7mm none threaded area at the start then the threaded taper part is about 5mm long...looking at the pics on that site 843A are the closest (the one with the threads in the middle)...Maybe Chuck can tell us which ones he prefers ;)

Wow!! I wonder if I may speak without getting flamed for advertising.
The little cap on the top was originally designed for the pegbox of a Suzuki violin.. It adds nothing to the string post except another three mm of cap which was nice if someone wanted an inlay at the tip. The main shaft on 743af was 19mm. There is an 8.5 mm and a 9.5mm with that same length shaft. There is in the "not yet in production" stage another S(for short) 843A coming. Production of an internal part from a machinist shop here in the USA is the reason why we can give no definite time line. I do have an inventory of S8543 and S9543. With the model shown above the taper starts right at the base of the string post. The newer ones have the string post taper starting at the back of the thread, so it does not appear as MUCH larger than the old 8mm units. It really is tell the difference once they are installed.

There are other "look-alikes" sold by Music 123 and Musician's Friend. They re an off shore [China] product. They pay the shipping. Their guarantee to perform lasts for 45 days. They are called Perfection Planetary Pegs. The "Real Deal" says they will work when properly installed and not used as a cricket bat. Otherwise,they will work or be repaired or replaced. PEGHEDS have been on concert grade stringed instruments for about 16 years successfully. When someone pays more for a bow than anyone had paid for an ukulele, PEGHEDS have to be able to perform.

Cost is $55 a set of 2L and 2R and insured USPS delivery to the USA is 5.80 PayPal in USd . Foreign money through PayPal gets 4% as an addition charge to their standard of 4% fee over product and postage.

If the button is smoothed a bit with 600 - 800grit wet/dry in the pinch, and the whole button buffed with some compound (toothpaste is a very fine grit polish) on a cotton wheel, it looks as shiny as ebony, but with a smaller button. It costs less,also.

I am getting a prototype sample from Mr Herin this week. I think I shall start a new thread about it. Chrome shaft-ivoroid button.

Wow!! I wonder if I may speak without getting flamed for advertising.
The little cap on the top was originally designed for the pegbox of a Suzuki violin.. It adds nothing to the string post except another three mm of cap which was nice if someone wanted an inlay at the tip. The main shaft on 743af was 19mm. There is an 8.5 mm and a 9.5mm with that same length shaft. There is in the "not yet in production" stage another S(for short) 843A coming. Production of an internal part from a machinist shop here in the USA is the reason why we can give no definite time line. I do have an inventory of S8543 and S9543. With the model shown above the taper starts right at the base of the string post. The newer ones have the string post taper starting at the back of the thread, so it does not appear as MUCH larger than the old 8mm units. It really is tell the difference once they are installed.

There are other "look-alikes" sold by Music 123 and Musician's Friend. They re an off shore [China] product. They pay the shipping. Their guarantee to perform lasts for 45 days. They are called Perfection Planetary Pegs. The "Real Deal" says they will work when properly installed and not used as a cricket bat. Otherwise,they will work or be repaired or replaced. PEGHEDS have been on concert grade stringed instruments for about 16 years successfully. When someone pays more for a bow than anyone had paid for an ukulele, PEGHEDS have to be able to perform.

Cost is $55 a set of 2L and 2R and insured USPS delivery to the USA is 5.80 PayPal in USd . Foreign money through PayPal gets 4% as an addition charge to their standard of 4% fee over product and postage.

If the button is smoothed a bit with 600 - 800grit wet/dry in the pinch, and the whole button buffed with some compound (toothpaste is a very fine grit polish) on a cotton wheel, it looks as shiny as ebony, but with a smaller button. It costs less,also.

I am getting a prototype sample from Mr Herin this week. I think I shall start a new thread about it. Chrome shaft-ivoroid button.

Not sure if I am able to help but I am a machinist and I am able to work on anything at work on my own time and have done this for others that needed something made. I might be able to help you and might be able to lower your cost due to my cost is my time and not what most shops charge "machine time" Not sure but I am willing to look at it and let you know. If you are interested pm me. Not wanting to take it away from someone but just wanting to help out fellow uke lovers.

Top Bottom