Grafted Pistachio and Curly Redwood tenor nearing completion

Doc_J

Reaction score
Thought I'd share some pics I just received of a curly redwood & grafted pistachio tenor from the Leeward Lounge; it is nearing completion.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That, my friend, is stunning....

That uke's butt is prettier than that of a swimsuit model!

(You will need to put some pants on it in public).

Last edited:
Oh, my, oh, my, Hodge. That is truly amazing back and the rosette is really sweet! Amazing that section of color change with the side port hole!

Thanks guys! Fred (Leeward Lounge) has really created a beautiful design for me. I love the custom rosette and offset sound hole. I was hooked on a pistachio body when I saw one he made last year. Oregon Wildwood had/has beautiful pistachio sets and some of the best looking curly redwood. From what I've read pistachio has excellent tonal properties and is very hard and dense similar to ebony. Can't wait to see and play the finished tenor. Fred said the body is exceptionally resonant, too.

Wow and more wow. I've never seen anything like it. Totally beautiful.

Awesome. Wood like that doesn't require bling. Gorgeous.

Looks sweet Hodge. And salty. :) I'l be interested to her how it sounds.

A-mazing! I can practically hear those waves crashing on the shore. That is an amazing use of wood grain to evoke a theme.

John

That uke's butt is prettier than that of a swimsuit model!

(You will need to put some pants on it in public).

:biglaugh: I read the message before I saw who posted it and my brain clicked coolkayaker before I even focused on his name. A singularly unique sense of humor.

Very beautiful uke. Have never heard of pistachio wood used it will be cool to hear a sound sample.

Top Bottom