Oasis String Question

JamieWG

Reaction score
For those of you who have tried both the Oasis Bright and Oasis Warm strings on a number of ukes, do any of you wish there were something in between? I love these strings to bits, yet I find myself wishing there was one more option for high G tuning, like a set of "Oasis Mediums", with an A .0225 and a G .024. (Current As are .0215 and .023, and the Gs are .023 and .025.) The C and E are the same on the Warm and Bright sets, and I feel those are fine. On some of my ukes, the Warm A and G are just a wee bit too high tension, and the Bright too low tension. I sure do love these strings though! Maybe I am just overly picky. :confused:

Jamie

Strings by Mail carries Oasis GPX (FC)guitar single strings. You might find what you are looking for there.

Strings by Mail carries Oasis GPX (FC)guitar single strings. You might find what you are looking for there.

Wow, what a great idea! I'll take a look. Thanks so much!

Edit: I just looked and those sizes don't appear to be available. Good thought though!

Last edited:
I just put the warm set on my Kala...still trying to decide if I like them better than the Aquilas.

I'm probably going to have to bring the Kala to the uke meetup...I know you want to play the Alulu hehe...but it looks so janky right now with paper stuck in the nut *sigh*.

I realize this was completely unhelpful...but whatever lol

Top Bottom