Playing for an orphanage

wconley

Reaction score
My family recently spent a week in Todos Santos just north of Cabo on the Pacific side. We traveled down with six ukuleles, from soprano to baritone. Some of the locals heard about us and within a couple days we were joined by six and twelve string guitars, Autoharp, fiddle and accordion. I had taken my Samson Meteor mike and recorded about two hours of music on my IPad with GarageBand before we left.

A highlight for all of us was playing for a local orphanage (just the Ukes) where we showed up not knowing what kind of reception we would get. We got off to a slow start while the kids listened politely. But by the time we finished the kids were really excited to try out the ukuleles and get their pictures taken with these strange gringos.

Here's a song with the entire group and some pictures. I can highly recommend to everyone that if you get the chance to play for an orphanage or other group just do it for the joy it brings to you and the kids.
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

How cool that y'all did that! Introducing people to the instrument is wonderful in any setting, but something like an orphanage has to be extra special.

Thanks so much for sharing. One of the reasons I spend so much time on this wonderful forum. A beautiful way to start my day....thanks again

I love the pictures of the kids with the ukes. Good on you.

Top Bottom