New York uke players

im in ny...westchester county...where are you?

Brooklyn here.

Right now I am in India... but in a few weeks I'll be back in Westchester...

But, yeah, I would really appreciate a regular uke group as there is nothing like learning from other musicians.

The challenge is finding a place...

Long Island here. :D I'm sure there's a place in Manhattan we could take over while we're waiting for Uke Fest.

Don't be intimidated! Uke players, in my experience, are probably the friendliest bunch of musicians out there. :D And I'm sure that there will be many people younger than you.

I can host a get together in the Flatiron district. If someone wants to help coordinate, I have the space. I'd love to get together with some NY Uke folks.

When should we do it?

I can host a get together in the Flatiron district. If someone wants to help coordinate, I have the space. I'd love to get together with some NY Uke folks.

When should we do it?

where is this? I dont think ive heard of the area.

nvm- if its right by where I think it is (Baruch College- where I work) then id be down.

EDIT- I need to learn how to read. that said Flat-IRON, not Flat-TRION

When should we do it?

Hey, thanks Rogue Wave. That's really nice of you to offer. Flatiron's perfect for me. I'm free after work on the weekdays and anytime on the weekends. The sooner the better. I thought I was subscribed to this thread, sorry it took so long to reply.

I'll come to the flatiron district some weekend! But I'm still a total newbie, so I might struggle to keep up with a jam session. But hey, how else do you learn? It would be nice to have a uke community in NYC though. Maybe all those Hawaiians on the board will want to move here?

count me in, Tues Weds during the early afternoon, select weekends, will have to plan in advance to give me a chance to butter up the wife to let me go, lol:rotfl:

same with me, but my scheduling revolves around school and the Ranger schedule, although the way they've been playing I think I could leave them alone for a few games :wallbash:

Top Bottom